PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 2/4

GW_Extreme
02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Hitdog and I gave Pardee a shot today. Did not limit out but got 6 to the boat and lost a few. 3 of the fish were in the 17-19 inch range. Best luck was with a brown grub and white egg behind a side kick toplined. Got a couple on green/yellow uncle larry tipped with crawler on the lead core 2 colors. No luck at any depth with any offering OTW. A couple early fish just outside launch area the rest about half way up the river arm. The main lake was windy but up river it wasn't bad. Water temp was just under 49 degrees and pretty clear until you get way up river. This lake looks like it has alot more water than the other lakes (Camanche & Amador). Hardly anyone out there today. The boat check was pretty painless and only took a couple minutes. I would have been pissed if I came from the south bay as the guy doing the inspections said they are not allowed at all on the lake regardless of boat condition.

GW

Martinez Frank
02-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Way to go GW, what was your trolling speed?

northriver_tom
02-04-2008, 09:09 PM
southbay would this be gilroy--san martin--san jose...?

Blktailhunter
02-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I hope they don't mean san jose

BitBucket
02-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Found the EBMUD page on the Zebra mussel. *Bad news for Santa Clara County boaters. *

http://www.ebmud.com/services/recreation/quaggazebra_mussel.htm

Here is the quote:
To prevent the destructive mussels from potentially shutting down the water delivery system, EBMUD will severely restrict boating on its reservoirs this recreational season and turn away all boats from outside of California, southern California and those from nearby San Benito and Santa Clara counties.

I guess several of the lakes in the county have the mussel. So, our boats are banned from Pardee, Commanche, etc.

May have to use a rental boat at Pardee and other EBMUD lakes.

GW_Extreme
02-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Best trolling speed was 1 mph to about 1.35 mph on GPS.

Blktailhunter
02-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Gr8.. It looks salmon fishing isn't going to happen this year, rockcod has all but been taken away and not we can't use our boats in the EBMUD waters. Might as well sell my boats. >:(

kokoloco
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Boats from southern California are banned.........not south bay. Lake Mead is the big problem reservoir in the south state but not limited to it alone. The inspection is not too bad but check and recheck your boat before entering. No standing water in the bait tanks or bilge or any other area in the boat.... that includes rainwater. We almost got tossed for rainwater in the anchor locker.

wagonmaster
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
GW, nice meeting you and Hitdog out there on monday. We only got 4, 2 sml koks and 2 trout OTW at about 14 ft. Got them on worm/grub/triple teaser.

The way I read the EBMUD site boats from Santa Clara and San Benito Co's are not welcome. Hope im wrong

Also, The inspector told me that if your going to fish Pardee again within I think it was 5 or 7 days tell the inspector and he signs that form that he puts on your mirror, so if you come back within the time frame the inspection will go much quicker

maui_mark
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
The way I read their regs or policy, Santa Clara County & San Benito County boats are BANNED, as well as those from Southern California. I sent an email to EBMUD asking for clarification. Will share if I get a response.
I have never had my boat in a local water, so think this is a bunch of "Lawyer Fodder"! If they refuse my boat entrance even after it passes an inspection, and they had better do an inspection instead of just turning me away, we'll be in court... Any attorneys out there want to go fishing with me? Mark

Blktailhunter
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Boats from Santa Clara and San Benito Counties are banned. *Here's the EBMUD news release:

http://www.ebmud.com/current_events/press_releases/quagga_mussels_PR_012408.pdf

maui_mark
02-05-2008, 06:33 PM
It sure sounds like "Class Action" time to me. Mark

BitBucket
02-06-2008, 12:56 PM
The ban is in effect for any boat registered in Santa Clara or San Benito counties.
The inspection and ban are in effect for all EBMUD reservoirs including San Pablo and Commanche.
EBMUD is the first water district to instigate a proactive procedure to protect our drinking water. If the mussel does get into these lakes, the cost will be millions of dollars to maintain clogged pipes. The mussel has already cost over $5 billion.
Its up to us boaters to help contain this situation.