PDA

View Full Version : Topaz questions

skylark65
02-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey all,

I was thinking of going to Topaz saturday. I've never been there before. Where is a good spot to fish from the bank? Is a CA license good on the Nevada side of the lake? Is the second rod stamp valid there?
Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Mr_Ed
02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
The Ca license only lets you fish the calif part of the lake.

Just kidding.......A Nv or Ca will let you fish all of the lake.

Either state 2 rod stamp will be ok also.......... ;)

you can also use bait and hooks with barbs.

skylark65
02-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me a good spot to try?

Jeff

troutfan
02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
The North end and the east side in the park are good spots this time of year. use crawlers and marshmallows. Later in the year the West side and the southwest end will be good.

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 05:28 PM
The North end and the east side in the park are good spots this time of year. *use crawlers and marshmallows. *Later in the year the West side and the southwest end will be good.

A pox on your worms. >:( Story to follow.

CC

Mr_Ed
02-05-2008, 07:32 PM
So what part of the lake is ice free?

Does the wind blow the ice into shore to cut off fishing?

Any info would be nice...........(Current)

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
So what part of the lake is ice free?

Does the wind blow the ice into shore to cut off fishing?

Any info would be nice...........(Current)

Fished the north shore. When we got there at 10:30 there was some ice on the shore and a large patch of ice around 100 yards off shore. By 1:30 it had moved in. There was a large patch of ice in the middle of the lake and it was growing as I watched it at 3:00 from the Lodge. The area in front of the State park and on the east shore seemed free of ice and there were a couple of boats out trolling. I suspect that the California side is free of both ice and trout. It's gonna be cold again tonight and the water temp at Topaz is most likely below 35 degreesso tomorrow could be a diferent story.

CC

troutfan
02-06-2008, 03:48 AM
The North end and the east side in the park are good spots this time of year. *use crawlers and marshmallows. *Later in the year the West side and the southwest end will be good.

A pox on your worms. >:( Story to follow.

CC

After seeing your wife's success I think it's you, not the lake! *
I have been skunked only once out there this year and that was opening day. *You should let your wife bait your hook for you, atleast you'll catch some fish! ;D ;D*All kidding aside thanks for the great report and pics as usual and I'm sure that you will have a break out day soon Captain! 8-) *

Captain Compassion
02-06-2008, 07:29 AM
I have been skunked only once out there this year and that was opening day. *You should let your wife bait your hook for you, atleast you'll catch some fish! ;D ;D*All kidding aside thanks for the great report and pics as usual and I'm sure that you will have a break out day soon Captain! 8-) *

As always I remain optimistic. Where we fished seemed much better then closer to the state park.

CC

skylark65
02-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks all. Maybe I'll see some of you out there saturday.

Jeff

MacDaddy
02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
ca will let u fish the whole lake only hunting has boundries fish from the firtst turn out on ca side and thats coming from a 4th genration nv

troutfan
02-06-2008, 11:55 AM

As always I remain optimistic. Where we fished seemed much better then closer to the state park.

CC

Two nice trout and a few dead presidents better! ;) 8-) ;D

troutfan
02-06-2008, 11:57 AM
ca will let u fish the whole lake only hunting has boundries fish from the firtst turn out on ca side and thats coming from a 4th genration nv
I stopped at the bug station turn-out on Saturday and the two trucks that were there were extremely bored. 8-) That spot usually gets good when it warms up.

Captain Compassion
02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Two nice trout and a few dead presidents better! ;) 8-) ;D

The trout and $$$ were for Mrs. C and not for me. :'( I may try for redemption on Saturday. 8-)

CC