PDA

View Full Version : Fun day at New Melones, few fish too. Pic's added

Mickey_Thomas
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Well I needed to get the boat wet, decided to go to NM today. Drug along a few sniffers too, hammer, GVF, and digger joined me for the ride. What a fun group, everyone giving everyone else a bad time for four hours of laughs ;D ;D We fished too, but it was slow considering we had 8 lines out most of the 4 hours we fished. Caught 2 Rainbows at 18' deep on a 2" Lyman, and one 16" (or bigger) at 10' deep on another Lyman, one other fish caught on a rapala, I think GVF called it a green carp ;) Beautiful day out there, great company, and we at least got on the water :D First time in my boat this year ::) Seems the water has come up about 50' since I was there last, they're still launching on the lower ramp but it's a short back in to the water, another 50' and the regular ramp will be open, this is good :D Wind was coming up as we were leaving, saw a couple of Bass Boaters and one other sniffer, talked to Lunker Hunter in the lot before we launched. Now I"ve got the bug to get back out there ;D ;D Weather for next week looks good ;)

MankinD
01-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Way to getter' done Mickey. Glad you guys had fun.

Doug

Martinez Frank
01-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Good report Mickey, what a crew you had,well atleast you finally got out of the house geeeeeeze ;D Way to scout it out for us :D Oh, I almost forgot, like kneedeep says WE WANT PICTURES Mickey don't you know we all like pictures ;D

Kneedeep
01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
We Want pictures Mickey. ;) How did you know it was going to be such a beautiful day? I've been watching the wrong channel for the weather, I heard it was supposed to be snowing. :o By the way where is Park City??? Nice to see (hear) that you guys got to shake the cabin fever and float around for a few hours. The fish probably sacrificed them selves, just to interrupt the laughter. ;D ;D ;D I have to go put some more drops in my eyes, I was out sun-gazing most of the day. ::)

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Good times for sure Good to hang with the old guys today ;D but had to pay Mickey in the end :-[
Water is coming up and looks clear.Great day to be out Glad to see Digger again
Ro(nofnd)ger, Brad took some pics so we'll have to wait and see

Farrier_Frank
01-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Geesh... That's a long way to pull a North River with 4 Sniffers' for three scrawny trout. [smiley=duh.gif]

Who caught The fish, anyway? You didn't tell us that. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

You need to lick your wounds, Mickey, and take me out on that North River of yours so I can remind you how to catch fish.[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Frank,

Mick always says its the total of the boat that matters not how many are caught by who! ;D ;D

Kneedeep
01-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Frank,

Mick always says its the total of the boat that matters not how many *are caught by who! ;D ;D
Frank gets paid for pulling legs, Mickey does it for free. ;)

Dennis
01-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Glad you guys had a great day. Wish I could have joined you. ::) Maybe next time. So many things to do so little time... :D

Mr_Ed
01-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Any info on the weather temp, water clarity and water temp would be nice too.

but will settle for a picture if no one took notes.

So we "Iceage" people can dream a little............. :-/

Come on March !!

SuperDave
01-30-2008, 09:17 PM
You guys sure picked a gorgeous day to be out too. Every time I walked out of the office I was thinking about you guys. I wish somebody would start catching some big fish in that lake. ;)

Mickey_Thomas
01-31-2008, 06:34 AM
By the way where is Park City??? Don't know why you want to know Roger, but Park City is in Utah :D ;) I forgot to tell you the water temp Ed, it was 51 degrees. Air temp was 37 when we launched, snow all around the peaks around the lake, when the sun peaked out from behind the clouds it felt like 70 degrees but when the wind came up it told us that it was a cold 55, ;) ;D ;D The fish count was one sided Frank, that's why I didn't post it, didn't want to embarrass anyone ;D ;D ;D

topliner1
01-31-2008, 06:41 AM
:-?What color where the lymans???? *:-?Have you tried any of the lagrer sizes do they work as well??? ::) *I just bought some in the #3 and #4 sizes and haven't used them yet!!! Thanks!! * * *
If it's not in the water than whats the use!!! 8-) 8-)

Mickey_Thomas
01-31-2008, 07:42 AM
All three Trout came on the 2" Lymans, 2 were on the pink and green with black spots, one came on the pink and white with black dots, I've tried larger ones out on NM but have yet to hook up on any of them. I change the hooks to a single siwash and tip it with a piece of night crawler ;) I think it's the "meat" they go after.

digger
01-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Well thanks for a great day on the water guys. *The day just flew by. *Everyone else pretty much sumed up the action so I`ll just share some pixs.
Rich fish on.
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/HPIM0518.JPG
The water.
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/HPIM0520.JPG
Mickey was thinking of doing some cliff diving.
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/HPIM0519.JPG
The fish.
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/HPIM0524.JPG
I`m not sure if this last on is Mickey or Hammer ::) oh well they both look alike ;D.
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/HPIM0522.JPG

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Your right Brad I cant tell either

[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Thanks for the pics [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Martinez Frank
01-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the pics Digger, we couldn't depend on Mickey for them :D I like that last Pic of Mickey is that a new tatoo Mick? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mickey_Thomas
01-31-2008, 09:01 AM
I think that last one is hammer ;D ;D ;D Funny, you got a picture of Richard fighting that "record" green carp, where's the pic's of the other guy who caught all the "real" fish? ::) Well at least you had your camera with you ;) You know "we like pic's" [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
from digger,
I`m not sure if this last one is Mickey or Hammer Roll Eyes oh well they both look alike Grin.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/HPIM0522.JPG

Mickey_Thomas
01-31-2008, 09:04 AM
I think that's a big "L" on his butt, that would be for "Les" so it's hammer ;) Gee digger, they might axe that butt picture, it's a G rated forum you know ;)

Farrier_Frank
01-31-2008, 09:06 AM
That last picture is Mickey. I recognize his smile. [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

SuperDave
01-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the pics Digger, we couldn't depend on Mickey for them *:D I like that last Pic of Mickey is that a new tatoo Mick? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now how on earth could Mickey take pictures since he was catching all the "real" fish?

SuperDave
01-31-2008, 09:09 AM
That last picture is Mickey. I recognize his smile. [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

How come when you look at it, it looks like it is looking back at you? :-/

Mickey_Thomas
01-31-2008, 09:12 AM
That's a site Franks familiar with anyway, guess that's why he doesn't have a girl fiend ::) ;D

Farrier_Frank
01-31-2008, 09:35 AM
That's a site Franks familiar with anyway, guess that's why he doesn't have a girl fiend ::) ;D

Actually, Mickey, I know that horse real well and she's a sweetheart.[smiley=kiss.gif]

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-31-2008, 09:45 AM
HEY way too much info Frank :P

digger
01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Mickey wrote.
where's the pic's of the other guy who caught all the "real" fish?
Sorry Mickey the ones of you on the boat did`nt show up. *So I had to make do with what I had ;). *But there is no denying that you had the hot hand. *Thanks again for a great day.

HAMMER_1
01-31-2008, 12:52 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Digger Your sooooooo Funny *You know It was MICKEY Tell The Truth *;D

Slapabow
01-31-2008, 01:40 PM
dont know if i want to get involved with the horses betterside
jokes,but looked like a heck of a day out there.Is the quarry
just up the hillside there?Cant beat a day from work ;)

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-31-2008, 04:49 PM
We did have a heck of a day Slapabow lots o fun

The bass I caught was right under the quarry the pic of the cliff is just across the canyon. The bows came near the wall in Skunk gulch

johnbfishin
01-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds like it was a 'Geritol cruze' to me, there must have been 150 years of fishing experience on that boat ;) ;D.

Glad you guys had some fun on the water and caught some fish ta boot. 8-)

Topaz_Tom
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
[quote]Ed, it was 51 degrees. Air temp was 37 when we launched, snow all around the peaks around the lake, when the sun peaked out from behind the clouds it felt like 70 degrees but when the wind came up it told us that it was a cold 55

I wish it was a cold 55 degrees here, it hasn't been much above 40 for over 3 weeks. >:( Great report and pics guys, like Ed said thanks for sharing that with us snowbirds. :) ;)

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Sounds like it was a 'Geritol cruze' to me, there must have been 150 years of fishing experience on that boat ;) ;D.

Glad you guys had some fun on the water and caught some fish ta boot. 8-)

You must be kidding John Mickey and Hammer make up that much ;D

I got your "Geritol" John ;D

red_perception
02-01-2008, 10:08 PM
You guys are too much ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DGood luck, Eric :)

SlamminAmador
02-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I would get thrown out of this forum if I posted a pic like that ..I know I would, ya gotta have tenure ta get away with something like that, guaranteed... :'( :-/

johnbfishin
02-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I would get thrown out of this forum if I posted a pic like that ..I know I would, ya gotta have tenure TA get away with something like that, guaranteed... :'( :-/

Guaranteed? I don't think so, maybe deleted......but what is the real issue here? Have you never seen a horses ass before? ;D ;D ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
02-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I would get thrown out of this forum if I posted a pic like that ..I know I would, ya gotta have tenure TA get away with something like that, guaranteed... :'( :-/

Guaranteed? I don't think so, maybe deleted......but what is the real issue here? Have you never seen a horses ass before? ;D ;D ;D

Or fished with one??

Pyramid_Kid
02-02-2008, 09:28 AM
If memory serves me correctly I do believe I have fished with three of those Horse Asses. ;D ;) [smiley=duh.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=worthy.gif] . And will continue to. I must have a thing for old man smell and road apples. ;)

Mickey_Thomas
02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I must have a thing for old man smell and road apples. You're a "sorry sack" for sure PK ;D ;D ;D Are you sure you wanted to post that? ::) ;D

Slim
02-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I think half of this thread could get lost... But that's just me.. :-[

Martinez Frank
02-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Old fishermen never die..... they just smell like it :D ;D

johnbfishin
02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I think half of this thread could get lost... But that's just me.. *:-[

That's probably true Slim.
This kind of banter happens to some extent on every board, though I'll admit the trout and kokanee guys seem to be the most full of it. ;)
It comes from folks that have met and spent a considerable amount of time together......it's a by product of this site. 8-)

steveo79
02-02-2008, 06:23 PM
That's probably true Slim.
This kind of banter happens to some extent on every board, though I'll admit the trout and kokanee guys seem to be the most full of it. Wink
It comes from folks that have met and spent a considerable amount of time together......it's a by product of this site. Cool,

But, its not the kind of exchange thats tolerated everywhere on this board. A similar conversation on the Panfish board was deleted, and done so without explanation. I see posts moved all the time that are not germaine to the body of the thread itself, so I think Slim makes a valid point.
Not that I really care, but maybe its more obvious to some, then others. ;)

johnbfishin
02-02-2008, 07:02 PM
* But, its not the kind of exchange thats tolerated everywhere on this board. *A similar conversation on the Panfish board was deleted, and done so without explanation. * I see posts moved all the time that are not germaine to the body of the thread itself, so I think Slim makes a valid point.
* Not that I really care, but maybe its more obvious to some, then others. ;)

That is very true. Obviously the mods are individuals and have a little different perspective on what they consider to be a valid post on whatever board they are moderating. Likewise, as readers we all might have a different perspective of what should and shouldn't be posted. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions and we surely won't all agree on this subject. Some folks might feel the boards are over moderated while others feel they aren't moderated enough.....all we can really hope for is to find the middle ground. :)

Athlete24
02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Did you see any snow on the surrounding hills, with the low snow we have been having I thought I would see some in the pictures. *With it, it probably lowers the water temperature, maybe a more scent oriented approach would be good. Previous posts showed that Krill and Shad scent has worked good.

steveo79
02-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Anybody that got much above PF bridge must have seen some snow. It was snowing just above Murphys. I'm sure that at the quarry, it was visible.

Garden_Valley_Fish
02-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Did you see any snow on the surrounding hills, with the low snow we have been having I thought I would see some in the pictures.

There was a lite dusting on the highest hill tops but I think it had melted by the time we left.

Slim ,sorry you don't like the extra banter but I think this site would get rather boring if we weren't allowed to have a little fun now and again. I like to read informative posts just as much as the next guy but you already know what works and you can guess the water temp and most people troll the speed they like and you'll probably use your favorite scent.I go fishing to hang with some friends and have a good time and that often spills over on to here.

Mickey_Thomas
02-03-2008, 07:49 AM
I've had post deleted as much as anyone on the boards, I don't take it personal, ;) We all love to fish, and for me having fun with friends is even more important than the fishing. Sorry if the fun spills over, if everything was about how deep, water temp, trolling speed, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have such a good time on these boards. These threads are kind of like a radio station, if you don't like what's playing don't listen, if you don't like reading about fishermen having fun, don't read it. It's everyones personal choice. :)

troutfan
02-03-2008, 08:08 AM
I've had post deleted as much as anyone on the boards, I don't take it personal, *;) We all love to fish, and for me having fun with friends is even more important than the fishing. Sorry if the fun spills over, if everything was about how deep, water temp, trolling speed, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have such a good time on these boards. These threads are kind of like a radio station, if you don't like what's playing don't listen, if you don't like reading about fishermen having fun, don't read it. It's everyones personal choice. :)
Mad Russian and I took a poll a couple of years ago and it was determined that if a post contains some semblance of a fishing report we would let the banter fly. This was what the majority of posters wanted. As the man said, fishing is about sharing good times with friends and friendly banter is how we interact. So as long as you post some type of report BS away boys and if you don't care for the banter then you have a choice to read it or not. ;)

Garden_Valley_Fish
02-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Yea like I said.

Ironhead
02-03-2008, 08:34 AM
I've had post deleted as much as anyone on the boards, I don't take it personal, *;)

We are all thankful for that. Heck you would be at 28,000 post by now.

"Flathead"

Athlete24
02-03-2008, 11:50 AM
P.S. I wasn't expecting any snow in that last picture ;D