PDA

View Full Version : Pardee??????

topliner1
01-31-2008, 06:49 AM
:-?Looking for help on what type of baits to use from the bank at Pardee?? :-?I've never been there so i have know idea what too use or where too fish at!! >:( Will the crowds be that large on friday or will it be worse saturday?? :-? Thanks * *
If its not in the water than whats the use!! *;D ;D

cgagex3
01-31-2008, 06:53 AM
White grubs, Olive bugger and inflated crawlers. PB works too.

CG

topliner1
01-31-2008, 06:56 AM
Olive bugger?? :-?
If it's not in the water,than whats the use!! ;D ;D

cgagex3
01-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Olive or olive & black wooly bugger. If you haven't used them before you put it on around a 4 to 6 ft lead behind a clear water filled bobber.
It is a wet fly that you bring back real slow and the bobber keeps it a couple of feet below the surface.
Keep an eye out at Pardee and you will see a few people using it for sure.
You will also see those people (like me) catch quite a few fish.
;D

CG

topliner1
01-31-2008, 07:33 AM
:) oh really, thanks for the info!! *It helps when you give me the info on how to *use it!! :D Thanks :) *
IF IT's NOT IN THE WATER THAN WHAT's THE USE!! ::) ::)

TroutWagon
01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
You will not need to cast too far from shore, the fish will be in shallow water all around the marina. You really can use anything and I can't see you not catching a fish if it was like anything like last year. The fishing was good for 2 months in that marina area. We trolled for 6 hrs for one missed strike, so bait fishing is usually the best way to go. Powerbait really small chunks in something bright chartruse, yellow, orange and white. Night crawlers inflated off the bottom in shallow water, Very small spinner and lures(try different colors) and retrive them sloooooowwww!
grubs, flies and powerworms also work.The stop and go method works good :)

Good luck

TW

Anti_Hero_Fisher
01-31-2008, 02:29 PM
I am packing up and getting ready to leave ;D ;D ;D

Anythiing that trout hit pardee is the ticket...

You c if you go out there :o

tragedyspring
01-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Good Luck yall. ;) I had decent action on a small blue fox spinner (in blue/chrome) there last year from shore in the evening. A tip aquired from someone here on these boards. Also 3 limetwist powereggs on a salmon hook #2 with about a three foot leader did well too. mostly just remember the fish are going to be hungry but lethargic so keep the presentation slower than usual with the lures, and be patient on the bait bite- it could take a minute for them to really take the bait into their mouthes, the first couple of strikes arent really strikes the fish are likely bumping the bait with their snouts to see if it is alive, and/or to stun the prey. often times I would try to set the hook too early, missing the fish, and mangling my bait enough so i would have to reel it in to re bait. Powerbait is 4.19 a jar at the wal mart by my house , so save some cash and if you get one little bump, give it a few more minutes before you decide to reel in. Thats also why I mainly use power eggs, if the fish or you miss the strike, you know with confidence that your bait is still out there. oh yeah almost forgot the procure gels. trophy trout, threadfin shad, shad, garlic plus, anise plus, and suprisingly- kokanee special- will all get you into some trout. and the best thing is: catching fish while everyone around you is not catching as many. The procure scents really give you the advantage againg heavily fished lakes or openers, where not everyone will remember to scent their lure/PB/eggs

Just my 2 scents HAHAHAHAH (I made a funny)

cgagex3
01-31-2008, 04:51 PM
well tragedy you almost made a funny. :-/
;)

Good tips for the masses, With as many fish as they plan on dumping in you would have trouble not catching fish.

Anti_Hero,
I will see you out there unless the weather people are wrong again and it is raining buckets. The rain is supposed to cut off about 2am local. I will probably be in the marina area as close to one of the two outside corners (hopefuly by the drain inlet pipe as possible, the fish love it). Say hi if you come by, I will be in the black & white plaid jacket.
Have to go get in some more time elbowing the tackling dummies in the garage to prepare.

[smiley=fencing.gif]

CG