PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Pardee

ronaldmar
01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Anyone going to fish the Woodpile opening day? The rec area is always elbow to elbow. Has anyone done any good back there this early in the season?

* [smiley=dankk2.gif] [smiley=elmo.gif] [smiley=elmo.gif]

kokoloco
01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Where's the "Woodpile"? I'll be there on Friday in a boat. Give us a yell on CH 69.

Kokoloco

keviwa
01-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Where's the "Woodpile"? *I'll be there on Friday in a boat. *Give us a yell on CH 69.

Kokoloco
Woodpile is the large cove on the west side of the lake between the rec. area and the dam.

T_s_dad
01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
We have fished there many times with great luck. Mostly using powerbait. When the trail hits the lake head to the left. The quality of fish is much better back there this time of year.

another good spot for us has been taking the dirt road right past the pools. Sorry I forget the name. after going through the gate head between the hills to the left. This time head right when you hit the water. This was a good spot for throwing a Kastmaster. Some really nice holdovers to 18" one year.

This year I will be there the second weekend in the boat. Look forward to the reports from opening weekend. Got roped into some wine tasting thing in Napa.

Anti_Hero_Fisher
01-28-2008, 06:01 PM
ill be there and its normally really busy

I heard it might rain...

I am seeking at least a 8lb rainbow ill post pics ;D