PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Flat??

kokoloco
01-22-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm interested in fishing Scotts Flat but I've never been there. Anyone been recently or have any info about it. I called the marina # but no answer. Maybe snow/closed/frozen over/???? Thanks for any info.

Sam

GW_Extreme
01-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Fished there last spring. It is a pretty small lake and the fish were all small planter trout. I thought it was open year round but maybe this last storm closed them down for awhile?

DraginBalls
01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I live 10 min away, no way its frozen. There is some good fishing but most are small. I would try trolling the dam to the cascade shores side. There are some big ons in there just hard to find them. I would use dodger/flashers and a worm or rapala top 15 feet of water. And if its slow you can alwise try lower scotts.

DraginBalls

garrett_s
01-22-2008, 03:28 PM
i fished there in june. i caught 4 trout up the narrows on powerbait off the bottom. i caught 2 12 inchers 1 16 incher and a 18 incher

Mr_Ed
01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
From all the post and replys, there are better lakes to fish.

However there are KOK,LM,SM,trout and panfish to be had.......

March 15 to Nov 15th is the best time to hit it.

kokoloco
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks all. I appreciate the info.

Sam

ttmike42
01-25-2008, 05:14 PM
That is actually not a bad lake!

Last I was there in late december, the water visibility was like 5 feet, so fishing was rough.

You can also try up the inlet, lots of guys have success. Personally, I have the best luck trolling flashers and worms along the cascade shores side of the lake in fall. I caught some FAT 4 lb rainbows there this fall.

There are also some lunker brown trout in there, but they are smart.

Summer time it is a wash due to all the ski boats :(

Even catfish in there! Once I was trolling along wondering why this big school of fish wouldn't hit my lure, and so I tossed a worm into the cove and pulled out a big ugly catfish 2 minutes later!!

I kayak, and sometimes at night. Let me tell you, some of the fish that hit that water late at night (maybe it is because it is silent, spooky and dark) get my heart racing.

Don't write off scotts flat, it isn't a bad little lake.

Mr_Ed
01-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Is it still $12 to park and put a boat in ??

I know Camp far west was $15 for a daily car & ramp fee,last year.

Later Ed

jcarman
01-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Loco-

Scotts Flat is a sleeper. There are lots of big fish in that lake, just hard to come by. I grew up in that area and we used to fish there a lot out of convenience. If you are up for a little hike, or have a 4x4, there is a small lake below the Scotts Flat dam called lower Scotts. It used to be accessible from a dirt road that turned off the Scotts Flat Road about 1/4 - 1/2 mile prior to the main entrance. It's also accessible by foot from the dam area. There used to be lots of larger rainbows and browns down there. Haven't been there in years though, no promises!

FD

stonesfan
01-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey Sam, there are some huge Browns that can top 10lbs, try Trolling

Large Rainbow pattern Rapalas early spring, also using Green Power

Bait along the North side of the Lake, approx. 1/4 mile down from

where they get planted should do the trick........... [smiley=swimmingfish.gif].
Good Luck

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

stonesfan
01-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh Sam, one more thing to cheer about: Jet Skis are not permitted

at this lake! [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

fernley_tim
01-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Loco-

Scotts Flat is a sleeper. There are lots of big fish in that lake, just hard to come by. I grew up in that area and we used to fish there a lot out of convenience. If you are up for a little hike, or have a 4x4, there is a small lake below the Scotts Flat dam called lower Scotts. It used to be accessible from a dirt road that turned off the Scotts Flat Road about 1/4 - 1/2 mile prior to the main entrance. It's also accessible by foot from the dam area. There used to be lots of larger rainbows and browns down there. Haven't been there in years though, no promises!

FD
I also grew up there there use to be some nice browns at lower scotts when we were in high school, before they built all the houses out there it was a great party spot ;)

jcarman
01-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Mongo-

You and I must have been there about the same time. I didn't even know there were houses down there now! Is the lower lake still accessible?

FD

fernley_tim
01-26-2008, 02:40 PM
I have not been down there for about ten years they tried to block the road but its been open to long. just like every where, new comers come in and think they own the whole area ;) did you go to nevada union?

jcarman
01-26-2008, 02:49 PM
I did, graduated in 1981. You?

fernley_tim
01-26-2008, 02:55 PM
1980. ok what the hell is your name? mine is tim raible. small world ;)

jcarman
01-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I'll send you a PM Tim.

stonesfan
01-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Sounds like we got ourselves a good old fashion Class Reunion

going on here! Can you believe that Mongo and fishduck maybe

old Class Mates, that haven't seen each other in over 20 years,

Man thats AWSOME................. [smiley=party.gif]

fernley_tim
01-26-2008, 08:45 PM
turns out that we go back all the way to to the forth grade 8-) sorry for the high jack guys

stonesfan
01-26-2008, 09:19 PM
To tell the truth, the way I see it, " MONGO HAPPY "................