PDA

View Full Version : New Melones 1-20-08

Patrol_21
01-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, more of the same from the bank. *I fished for a couple of hours near the Glory Hole ramp with night crawlers and got zip. *My son had fun smashing rocks and I enjoyed the just being there. *There were a lot of other people fishing and I didn't see anyone catch a thing. *

Maybe next weekend.

Did anyone catch a fish at Melones today?

Patrol Twentyone * *

jiggity49
01-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Last year at this time We did real good on the BIG trout in the shallow coves with green pb about 2' off the bottom in probably 5-6 ft of water the smallest one was 21" :o

Fish_Bully
01-22-2008, 08:39 AM
P21, My son and I fish a lot together and when the fishing gets slow a good ol' rock skipping contest will eventually break out. Main thing is the time you spend with them and that they have fun.

Flip

ken_fishnfool
01-22-2008, 11:32 AM
You said it Fish Bully! Time with the kids!

Have you tried the old boat ramp at Tuttletown? Throw a little to the left to reach the old roadbed that runs on down that side. ;)

Patrol_21
01-22-2008, 06:35 PM
My son and I usually have a rock throwing contest just before we leave. He has a blast.

I will try again, maybe the tuttletown side this weekend. I hope the weather clears off a bit. I know we need the rain, but a break by then will be nice.

Thanks for the info!

Patrol 21

froggie
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Good luck,
Tortuga was out in the boat on Jan 19 & he didn't even get a nibble. I'm not sure what's goin' on? Maybe since the water's so low, the fish are hiding or having trouble finding food.
Froggie [smiley=cry.gif]