PDA

View Full Version : DEL VALLE"THE KID DID IT AGAIN!!"

fishmaster
01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Got to the lake at about 730 with the wife, kid and one of his buddies.Trolled for a few hours in Heron bay with alot of short strikes, landing 3. Graphed alot of fish in swallow bay first thing in the morning so we figured we would head back there and leave the crowd in Heron bay. Right decision! Hit a big school of trout and stayed in them until we had limits all around.Big fish of the day went to Fishmaster jr. of course with his FAT 11lb. 11oz. trout. His buddy didnt get a real big one, but he was happy with his limit including this 3lb. 2ozer. Most all fish averaged about 2lbs. Hot lures of the day were blk/slv rapala and rainbow trout yozuri. http://usera.imagecave.com/fishmaster/justins11lb11oztrout.JPG

Also got a picture of a BIG Bobcat
http://usera.imagecave.com/fishmaster/bobcat.JPG

TeleComCal
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Very nice. I would love to get my son into a fish that big. The tail on the 3 pouder looks a bit better shaped than the biggun. EIther way great pic and way to go for your son and his buddy.

camotracker
01-20-2008, 07:16 PM
sweeeet another biggin comes out of devaLLE. Caught once again by a son. congrats. thanks for the report and the pictures. fishing buddy's for life.

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

untalan1
01-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Great job on the big fish day.Those boys sure look happy.My buddy and I went through that area in the morning and also graphed alot of fish but after a few passes not even a bite.Ended up with 2 fish for the day before being blown off.What depths were you fishing ?Were you on downriggers or toplining ?and were you runninig flashers?

fishmaster
01-20-2008, 07:40 PM
We were toplining for all of them at 100 feet behind the boat so we could make tight turns to go back through the school. No flashers, it was like woody said in his report, when the sun was out the fish seemed to bite better.

stonesfan
01-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey fishmaster, I noticed one thing, that 11 lb Beauty wasn't about

to get away once you tied it to the Anchor Rope............................

L.O.L.............................. [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

metalmouth
01-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Great day fishmaster, thanks for the pics!

MM

Manteca Steve
01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey fishmaster
A big congrat to your son catching the big one! :o I see two boys that had great time. ;) *Thanks for the pictures.

Woody
01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Fishmaster that big fish didn't happen to have a J-7 rapala in it's mouth did it. Right before I left I broke off a big fish in Swallow bay. Your son sure does have the touch lately. He is going to start to expect it every time out here pretty soon. I have to say the best catch of the day is the picture of that Bobcat.

See you on the water.
Woody

Jigster
01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Great job Fishmaster. The smiles on the kids are priceless. I bet your's too since you were the hero that put them onto the fish. Congratulations. I've always wondered, how do these big trout taste?

J

Kneedeep
01-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Congrats to Fish master Jr for having a great Dad. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Loved the Bob Cat picture too. Wish you had some more pictures of the cat. I know Jr is gonna have plenty of big fish in his future, and Dad better get used to snapping the pictures. ;)

fulltroutjones
01-21-2008, 05:00 AM
awesome report and congrats to fishmaster jr for the biggun!!nice pics

LJ
01-21-2008, 08:17 AM
I think it is time to change your screen name to " Father of Fishmaster"

tragedyspring
01-21-2008, 11:05 AM
ha ha - yes very funny- who is the fishmaster? you or your son?

Polebrother
01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Priceless pics of the boys. *They are likely hooked on fishing for life...which is a very good thing. *Thanks also for the bobcat shot. *I've only seen one in the wild and he was much smaller than the one you shared. *

fulltroutjones
01-21-2008, 03:16 PM
I think it is time to change your screen name to " Father of Fishmaster"
;D ;D as long as it runs in the family right!

jwirch
01-21-2008, 05:41 PM
SIR FISHMASTER -
YOU DA MAN, GREAT JOB FISHING AGAIN WITH YOUR SON, HE'S HOOKED FOR LIFE 8-) THANKS FOR THE POST AND PIC'S, TIME TO TAKE MY SON AGAIN :o HOPE AND PRAY THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO US SOME DAY - SWEET FISH!!! 8-)

B-RAN
01-21-2008, 06:18 PM
nice job junior ;) that lake sounds like it is pretty hott!!!!!

fishmaster
01-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Until Fishmaster jr. is catching them out of his own boat he will be be known as Fishmaster jr. :) To answer the question on how the big ones taste. The last couple big ones have had light orange meat.I butterfly filet them and then I BBQ them up on a cedar plank with a little Mc Cormic garlic onion medley. They are delicious :o. Just have to remember to cut the red meat off the skin side.

ryanerb
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey, very nice fish! Looks like you have some great fishing partners. I just moved up here from San Luis Obispo. If any of ya ever need a extra hand on the boat at Del Valle I would love to go! PM me or somethin.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/ryanerb/small.IMG_2599.jpg

fishreaper
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey Fishmaster, tell Fishmaster Jr. congrats on another big fish. *I know he is already looking to catch a bigger fish. *He keeps this up and he should catch one over 16lbs soon. *