PDA

View Full Version : Los Banos Creek Res.

trouch
01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Went out Sun. Lots of short hits trolling kastmasters,crocs,and crankbaits. Hooked up on 16 but only got seven to the boat. Kept five for dinner. Great morning on the lake. tomhttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/trouch/IMG_0217.jpg

stonesfan
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
I haven't fished Los Banos Creek Res. in years, got a very good

friend who lives in town, may have to look him up................

Thanks for the report and pictures..........

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

kgphotos@pacbell.n
01-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Where is Los Banos Creek Res.? I am in Clovis but I go through Los Banos often on the way to SF. Maybe I should bring my fly rod next time.

Slapabow
01-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Went there two years ago.That last shopping center
past los banos,walmart? hang a left.It takes you over
I-5.Tried to get there from I-5,mistake.Have always
heard positives about Lbcr.

cptdarel
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
It is a wonderful place to fish, not crowded, plenty of hook ups, BUT, I couldn't get that alge taste out of my mouth for days, would be ok if I was on a alge diet ::)

LJ
01-15-2008, 05:36 PM
It is a wonderful place to fish, not crowded, plenty of hook ups, BUT, I couldn't get that alge taste out of my mouth for days, would be ok if I was on a alge diet *::)

It's better than that skunk taste

Danksta408
01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
I'd rather taste SKUNK ;) ;).........J/K........Is there any fee's to fish??........Can you fish at night??

KOKANEEKIDTC
01-15-2008, 09:51 PM
LJ i agree that alge tastes better than skunk, but sometimes i think that it is a toss-up... catchin' is good, eatin' is not. nobody likes the taste or smell of a skunk on their boat so just practice good catch and release techniques and have a steak or something for dinner and leave the alge taste for someone that likes it.

FresnoJack
01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Where is Los Banos Creek Res.? I am in Clovis but I go through Los Banos often on the way to SF. Maybe I should bring my fly rod next time.

Here is a link to Mapquest with generic directions from Fresno.

http://tinyurl.com/3a6bvm

The reservoir also has bass, perch and other panfish. Good place to unlimber your fly casting arm, especially with the perch spawn in the Spring.

justme
01-16-2008, 12:12 PM
The fishing may be good but the camping sucks. We went there once and got there late at night and set up camp. Woke up the next morning looked around and packed up and left. We drove over to New Melones for much better fishing and camping.

maui_mark
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
How is the launch ramp there? I have been before but it was 25 plus years ago, without a boat, so my memory is a little hazy. I seem to recall it was pretty much dirt all around the lake and no designated campsites or facilities... but again that was years ago. Will I have any trouble putting in a 19 foot boat? Mark

kgphotos@pacbell.n
01-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks Fresnojack! Might be a good place to take my daughter and break in her new fly rod.

fbanaria
01-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Is this a good place to fish from shore?

Thanks!

B Popper

Danksta408
01-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Sounds like I'm gonna have to make a trip down there soon

cptdarel
01-17-2008, 01:48 AM
How is the launch ramp there? I have been before but it was 25 plus years ago, without a boat, so my memory is a little hazy. I seem to recall it was pretty much dirt all around the lake and no designated campsites or facilities... but again that was years ago. Will I have any trouble putting in a 19 foot boat? *Mark

The launh ramp is very good, two lane concrete and ribbed, aluminum floating dock.

very good shore fishing

FresnoJack
01-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Is this a good place to fish from shore?

Yes. *The reservoir is stocked with trout from late Fall to Feb-March depending on the temperature. *The warm is too warm the rest of the year for trout stocking.

As I mentioned, there are good stocks of perch and other panfish and some bass.

The area around the reservoir is grass lands-wet lands. *Depending on the season and the spot you bank fish from, there will be grasses, weeds and reeds along the shore. *At times. you may want to use a bobber to keep your bait *above the grass.

This is a good place to take kids. *The perch can keep them quite busy, especially as the warm begins to warm.

FishSchtick
01-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Went there Saturday 1/19. There is some construction at the boat ramp, but still very usable. Trolled about 3 hours for 12 hookups and many more no stick. Released all. Water was 48-49 F.