PDA

View Full Version : More Del Valle Trout 12-30

pontoon_crew
12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
On the water by 7am and the first ones to the dam.The Marina area was a mad house!Got the first of 5 fish around 10am on the j-7.Got 2 more on that lure untill my faulty knot let one get away with my lure.We anchored up near the dam and got one on the powerbait/marshmello combo,and another on power eggs,sinced the troll wasnt producing anymore.Alot of boats out there today along with some dumb trollers.Had one boat pull up next to us during our troll within 20ft.We had another clown decide to cut right in front of us while he was trolling about 30ft ahead of us we could see their lures right in front of the boat,not too smart.Off the water by 1 with my limit.

clamkin
12-30-2007, 07:52 PM
20-30 foot seperation sounds like a typical weekend at Amador. ;D I take it you've never experienced the full combat fishing conditions over there?

brendensboat
12-30-2007, 08:08 PM
what else can u expect from a east bay park,
good fishin anywayz,ill be out on tuesday.
brenden

pontoon_crew
12-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I've experienced the combat fishing at Amador.The thing is the guy had the whole other side of the narrow to fish but he chose to snug up against us.Maybe he liked the smell of that 2 stoke in his face??

RonM
12-30-2007, 08:18 PM
I've experienced the combat fishing at Amador.The thing is the guy had the whole other side of the narrow to fish but he chose to snug up against us.Maybe he liked the smell of that 2 stoke in his face??

I was at Amdor last year with marine47 when a guy in a center console boat had 300ft of line out, cut in front of you and then blamed you for the problem. You guys had a few words that day, must be your luck.

clamkin
12-30-2007, 08:30 PM

My bad. Probably just found a bozo or someone not paying attention.

The marina traffic jam was entirely predictable with the 12 pounder being caught this week. I'm half thinking of a Del Valle trip tomorrow or Tues but I would avoid that area like the plague.

pontoon_crew
12-30-2007, 08:33 PM
That was the last time I went to Amador. What a clown that guy was.Lucky he only lost a lure and not a couple teeth.Oh well what can ya do,hopefully those people learn trolling etiquite.

LJ
12-30-2007, 09:20 PM
How was the size on what you caught today? Did you catch them all by the dam, if so were they all holdovers ,or have some of the recent planters made it to the dam?

pontoon_crew
12-30-2007, 09:30 PM
They look like planters.The largest went 3.5 the others from 1.5-2.5.The one that got away had nice coloring probally a holdover.Lot of pink and purple in that one, it even had a tail!.We caught them all in Heron Bay,in the towards the dam.