PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who know the road to UVR dam...

MGood777
12-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Do you think it will be plowed and passable on Sunday morning this weekend?

fenton_chris
12-29-2007, 10:05 AM
i was in the area yesterday evening, it was snowing pretty good.

camotracker
12-29-2007, 10:34 AM
with the weather we've had in the last couple of days. i think getting there is going to tough of the road to it is closed.

MGood777
12-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Well...My neighbor wants to take his 11 year old son fishing tomorrow morning, so I want to put them on some rainbows someplace (and hopefully a large number of them).

I'm thinking I'll head up Ice House Road and take a look at Peavine Ridge Road as we drive past it. If it's been plowed, then maybe we'll take a shot at getting to UVR. If it's not plowed yet, then maybe we'll just keep on going to Ice House and fish there.

If anybody has a really great suggestion for where to boat a ton of rainbows and see a lot of action for my buddy's son, I'm all ears.

PS...Have boat, will troll.

troutfan
12-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Have you considered Amador? They always seem to get into at least a few brutes.

MGood777
12-29-2007, 10:56 AM
I know that a ton of fish can be caught at Amador, but it always seems like such a lot of work to fight that crowd. I dunno...Maybe tomorrow will be a good time to give it a shot though. I've never been because I'd rather fish in the mountains and have the lake to myself. I probably should try combat fishing at least once though, especially with the boy with us...

troutfan
12-29-2007, 11:03 AM
With a young child along safety is also a good reason to hit Amador. All those high mountain lakes will have lots of ice on the roads in and Amador is at 500' above sea level.

fish10plus
12-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Camanchie along the dam has always produced nice bows and up in the inlet. And its below Amador. And I beleave its cheeper as well. Good luck.

MGood777
12-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I've fished Camanche lately and my experience has been that the bite has been shutting off by 9am or 10am. Seems like reports kinda say the same thing. If anybody thinks otherwise though, let me know because I do like Camanche.

Can sombody give me the quick down on dirty on trolling at Amador? What to use? Where to troll? How deep?