PDA

View Full Version : A Pyramid Christmas (Pics)

Captain Compassion
12-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Arrived at Block House at Pyramid at 11:00 AM and fished until 2:15. The weather was clear, calm and cold until the wind started whipping up at 2:00. Caught 3 trout between 20 and 22 inches. Lost at least twice that many more including *a brute that showed himself after about 4 minutes then tossed my lure back in my face. >:( My best estimate is 30 inches or so. Most anglers seems to be doing well. I got fish and strikes on a fire tiger Krocadile and a silver Moxie spoon with green facing. My custom painted Kastmaster lasted 3 casts until the paint came off. :-[ perhaps better paint is in order. After fishing Mrs Compassion took me to the buffet at the Sparks Nugget where I ate myself into a stupor. A very wonderful Christmas day.

CC

BLOCK HOUSE CLEAR, CALM AND COLD
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/122507-01.jpg
PYRAMID X-MAS TREE
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/122507-02.jpg
FIRST ONE IN THE NET
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/122507-03.jpg
SECOND ONE ON
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/122508-04.jpg
#3 COMING IN
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/122507-05.jpg
BEAUTIFUL MALE CUTT
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/122507-06.jpg
A LITTLE BOY GETS A BIG X-MAS PRESENT
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/122507-07.jpg

Mr._Striper
12-25-2007, 07:52 PM
YOU LUCKY DOG, I wish I could have gone fishing today. Great pics (like you need to here that agian ;)) and an awsome report. I just may need to head up there in a few weeks.

Captain Compassion
12-25-2007, 08:06 PM
YOU LUCKY DOG, I wish I could have gone fishing today. Great pics (like you need to here that agian ;)) and an awsome report. I just may need to head up there in a few weeks.

Watch the weather. Let me know if you come.

CC

Mr._Striper
12-25-2007, 08:10 PM

Watch the weather. Let me know if you come.

CC

I will do that sir. Im sure you know what the weather will be like better than I would. So, ill touch basis with you before I make solid plans.

Should I use that weather site you turned me on to?

Captain Compassion
12-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I will do that sir. Im sure you know what the weather will be like better than I would. So, ill touch basis with you before I make solid plans.

Yes. Here is the link for Nixon Nevada around 12 miles south of the lake.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/local/USNV0067?from=recentsearch

CC

Mr._Striper
12-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Yes. Here is the link for Nixon Nevada around 12 miles south of the lake.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/local/USNV0067?from=recentsearch

CC
Thank you sir ;)

Mr_Ed
12-25-2007, 08:50 PM
CC;

Next time, you might try finger nail polish ?

It stays on longer than the modle air plane paint etc.

A lot more colors also................

Just don't use youe wifes favorite one !! ;D ;D

Captain Compassion
12-25-2007, 08:59 PM
CC;

Next time, you might try finger nail polish ?

It stays on longer than the modle air plane paint etc.

A lot more colors also................

Just don't use youe wifes favorite one !! * *;D ;D

LOL!! Thank you sir.

CC

Mr._Striper
12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey CC, have you tried those jigs there? And do you know if you can take a 2stroke motor in there?

Captain Compassion
12-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Hey CC, have you tried those jigs there? And do you know if you can take a 2stroke motor in there?

No I haven't 1/8 oz is too small. I'm no sure about the boat.

CC

BigB
12-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Mr. Striper,

There are no engine restrictions on Pyramid Lake.

Brian

Captain Compassion
12-25-2007, 09:56 PM

So you are a Big Kahuna now. Congratulations. That title and $2.00 can get you a draft beer during most happy hours. 8-)

CC

GOLDENTROUT
12-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Great job Capt. That's what I wanted for Christmas Too :'( But the cool part is I have nine days off and I didn't talk about fishing to her once today so she said I could go fishing any 5 of the 9 days I want. That almost made me cry :'( ;D ;D ;D ;D

:)MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :)

Tight lines GT.

Captain Compassion
12-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Great job Capt. That's what I wanted for Christmas Too :'( But the cool part is I have nine days off and I didn't talk about fishing to her once today so she said I could go fishing any 5 of the 9 days I want. That almost made me cry :'( ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sweet. Might I guess that there may be several trips to Pyramid in your future? ;D

CC

GOLDENTROUT
12-25-2007, 11:05 PM

Sweet. Might I guess that there may be several trips to Pyramid in your future? ;D

CC

Oh boy, Im un-winterizing the boat tomorrow ;D ;D ;D Oh yea ;D ;D ;D

Mackattack
12-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Nice x-mass journey Capt. I may be in the area of Reno in Feb. Would like to try that lake I will keep in touch.

Mackattack [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=angling.gif]

ric1ric
12-26-2007, 10:23 AM
On painting them you might want to take some med grit sandpaper to it first, or it probally won't bond.

Captain Compassion
12-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Nice x-mass journey Capt. I may be in the area of Reno in Feb. Would like to try that lake I will keep in touch..

Thanks Mack. Let me know when you come. You showed Macks I'll show you Cutts. Dress warm. [smiley=cold.gif]

CC

Captain Compassion
12-26-2007, 10:53 AM
On painting them you might want to take some med grit sandpaper to it first, or it probally won't bond.

I suspect that was the majority of the problem. Nothing sticks to the polished brass surface of that lure. Thanks Ric.

CC

cgagex3
12-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Nice trip Capt. You look about as cold up there as I was over the weekend. Looking to find myself a nice pair of gloves if these 30 degree mornings keep up.
I have a five day weekend coming up starting Friday so I hope to get a little time in on the water. I find myself in that spot of hoping for rain because we need it so bad, but just not on my days off so I can enjoy time out on the water.
Looks like you are all dialed in on Pyramid Cutts. That fish looks almost as pretty as the last one you caught at Red.

CG

CHICKFISHING58
12-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Capt glad you got to go out >:(I wanted to but my Mom wanted me to take her gambling I hate doing that but love spending her money ::) ;D

Captain Compassion
12-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Capt glad you got to go out *>:(I wanted to but my Mom wanted me to take her gambling I hate doing that but love spending her money ::) ;D

It was either go fishing or watch "It's a Wonderful Life for the 57th time. :(

CC

Captain Compassion
12-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Nice trip Capt. You look about as cold up there as I was over the weekend. Looking to find myself a nice pair of gloves if these 30 degree mornings keep up.

For Pyramid in late December it was quite nice. It was cold but if you dress for it that's ok. It's the wind that kills you. I was told on Monday the wind was blowing 50 MPH but folks were still there catching fish. Pyramid is not a place for sissies. If you haven't gone you gotta go. Hook a big Cutt and your weather problems sortta melt away.

CC

hunkfisher
12-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Great report CC wish i could have spent time on the water this christmas but being with fmaily and getting new fishing crap was just as rewarding, great job out there love the pics as always.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

PS- By the way just got word no way i can get the first off, so no topaz until the 4th :(, Friday after the opener. If your down to make another trip if your first one is promising sned me a pm! Look forward to your reports catch a few big ones for me with BOD.

Captain Compassion
12-27-2007, 08:45 AM
PS- By the way just got word no way i can get the first off, so no topaz until the 4th :(, Friday after the opener. If your down to make another trip if your first one is promising sned me a pm! Look forward to your reports catch a few big ones for me with BOD. *

Sorry you can't make it. If the fishings good I will fish it often for the first couple of weeks. They are giving away $$$ for fish. Maybe I can make some Pyramid gas money. 8-)

CC

Mr_Ed
12-27-2007, 08:49 AM
With a 5 fish limit and being just over "one hill" instead of many,
plus the prize money, I would think that one would be a no brainer !!
;D ;D

Will have to make a trip with you this year. I also owe a trip to
steve & tony.................. ;)

Captain Compassion
12-27-2007, 08:58 AM
With a 5 fish limit and being just over "one hill" instead of many,
plus the prize money, I would think that one would be a no brainer !!
;D ;D

No brains involved only a 1/2 hour drive. Going to scout out Topaz today.

CC

Pyramid_Kid
12-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Sounds like the Captain is as close to Topaz as I am to Pyramid. Im feeling your pain on the drive issue. 30 min to Pyramid (for me) with the boat, or nearly 2 hours to Topaz (for me) with or with out the boat and risking not being able to launch.

Captain Compassion
12-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Sounds like the Captain is as close to Topaz as I am to Pyramid. Im feeling your pain on the drive issue. 30 min to Pyramid (for me) with the boat, or nearly 2 hours to Topaz (for me) with or with out the boat and risking not being able to launch.

All things being said I'd trade Topaz for Pyramid this time of year. Topaz will be fun but Pyramid is special.

CC

troutfan
12-27-2007, 05:42 PM

All things being said I'd trade Topaz for Pyramid this time of year. Topaz will be fun but Pyramid is special.

CC

They both have their distinct charms. Topaz being twenty minutes from G-ville is certainly one! ;)

BigB
12-27-2007, 05:53 PM
PK,

Starting on jan 7th, I will be having Mondays off. So, maybe we can get together and go down to Topaz for some fishing. Not to mention getting out on Pyramid.

Brian

troutfan
12-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread