PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 12-24

pontoon_crew
12-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Got on the water around 7am trolled the marina area for nada.Headed towards the damn and got 1 in the narrows 3 in swallow bay and 3 in heron bay.J-7's,Kastmasters and kripplures were the hot ticket today off the water and in for pics at the marina by 1pm.Got a 5.5lb,3.5lb and the rest were in the 2-3lb range.We did pretty good according to the lady working the Marina store.Oh and 1 19in. Striper.

stonesfan
12-25-2007, 08:56 AM
poontoon_crew, let me be the first to respond and congradulate

you folks on a fine day at Del Valle. Now for the Questions;

1. what color j-7's
2. what color kripplures
3. how deep
4. and what was the name of the Lady at the marina?

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

LJ
12-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Maybe with the cold weather that DelValle is coming around. Were there any boats stil;l fishing the Marina area ? I am wandering if what fish they planted last week have moved out of the launch area yet?

pontoon_crew
12-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks stonesfan.The j-7 was in a green trout pattern,kripplure was chrome.I dont think we were goin any deeper than 4ft,I had 2 splitshots abour 24in. above my lure.Two other rods with similar lures and no splitshots had no action.I dont know the ladys name but she was VERY NICE.She took our pics and printed them up right there.There was also an older man maybe her husband?Who was just as nice as she was.Great people.She said 2 of ther trout were an Oregon strain,which had way more color than the Lassen trout.LJ there were a few boats in the Marina area didnt see too much action there.A few bankies came up to see our catch and said it was very slow from the shore in that area with only a couple being caught.The lady also said someone caught an undersized sturgeon and left the carcass,i had no idea sturgeon were out there?

vdub
12-25-2007, 10:04 AM
nice report!

yea there are sturgeon and that water, as well as some salmon. hahah you'd be surprised

LJ
12-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Some Sturgeon must get pumped along with the stripers. Were the big fish the Oregon strain, or the same ones that Mt. Lassen ausually plants in there?

pontoon_crew
12-25-2007, 10:33 AM
The big ones were Lassen.You can definetley tell the difference.They all had those stupid tails though.The lady said when waters low and they pump in the delta water baby sturgeon get sucked into the lake.

LJ
12-25-2007, 11:17 AM
The big ones were Lassen.You can definetley tell the difference.They all had those stupid tails though.The lady said when waters low and they pump in the delta water baby sturgeon get sucked into the lake.

Pontoon, I thought it was a genetic trait of Mt. Lassen Rainbows that as they get bigger their tails disappear ;D ;D ;D ;D

pontoon_crew
12-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Those are some nasty Lassen tails.I wonder how much better they would fight with a real tail?The oregon ones did look a little better but not by much.The big one we caught had a treble hook in its gut along with a rock.

bowmasta
12-26-2007, 12:17 PM
*Nice Report Pontoon, I caught 2 * 7 lb + Mt Lassen trout out of Del Valle about 2 months ago trolling J7 Rainbow Pattern. *Those Lassen trout do not fight hard for their size, 1 came in within a minute, but the other did put up a good fight and lasted for about 5-6 mins. *The Mt Lassen trout really do have ugly tails tho, here are those 2 * I caught.

Look at those tails*:D

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q25/bowmasta01/Picture036384x512.jpg