PDA

View Full Version : skunked at lake ralphine

tatted_fisherman
12-06-2007, 09:59 AM
i fished from the rocks probley about 3 1/2 hours,i was using the good ol' worm/power bait combo.the only thing i caught was a small bullhead thats not what i go for!I fished the whole east side of the lake..on my way back to the truck I seen a guy fishin the west side of lake i talked to him..He said there going to stock it next week...So ill be back next week hope fully...For those that dont know about lake ralphine its a small lake in a park next to spring lake in santa rosa..neither lake ever really seems productive to me...But i have caught a planted trophy at ralphine.I guess they dont bite much beacuse of the fishin pressure.These fish have seen it all!

http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/springlake.html

BadAschFishing
12-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I went there over the weekend (saturday & sunday) with a friend and got a couple. On Saturday we only fished for 30 or so minutes because we got there late and it was getting dark but did get 2 on powerbait from the dam. Sunday we took a drift boat ;D and trolled around with silver/green 1/4 oz. Kastmasters and picked up 4. All around 10-14 inches, but fun to catch!

foresthill_fishin
12-06-2007, 08:42 PM
;)Sorry about the goose egg bud Ive fished ther a few times while visitin family down there have u tryd the russian for steelies.Use to fish there alot as a kid.welp welcome to the boards and keep on postin.

tatted_fisherman
12-07-2007, 04:37 PM
i havent tried the russian to much..i dont really know were any good spots are i have fished steel head beach...havent been back since any ideas on were to go?

foresthill_fishin
12-07-2007, 06:37 PM
HMMM good ? its been awhile but burkes marabel hecenda below wholer dam give them a shot up by healdsburge.I live in the woods now but i have fished the Russian many times as a kid welp KEEP ON TROLLIN slow@steady [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]ps if ur ever up towards audurn give me a hauler we can fish in my neck of the woods......

tatted_fisherman
12-07-2007, 07:46 PM
cool thanks for the info

Mikespyke
12-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Tatted!

Go to Outdoor Proshop in Rohnert Park. They can give you the low down on spots for steelheading. In the past, they've had maps for sale for many area steelhead rivers that show access points, landmarks, etc. I don't live down there anymore, but my buddy shops there often - he'd spend his whole paycheck if he could!

Happy trails, Mike

BadAschFishing
12-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey TF I here they're planting lake ralphine this week, do you know if thats true?

tatted_fisherman
12-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey TF I here they're planting lake ralphine this week, do you know if thats true?
yeah that day i got skunked the guy i talked to on the west side of the lake,said it had'nt been stocked in a month!So it probley is true. he said they should be stockin it soon cuz its been over 3 weeks since the last time

BadAschFishing
12-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Alright sick. Maybe I'll see you there. ;) thanks

BadAschFishing
12-15-2007, 11:55 PM
I did end up going on thursday, but they didnt stock it. Still got 4 from the dam with powerbait... :)

tatted_fisherman
12-20-2007, 02:50 PM
MAYBE I SHOULD GO AGIAN 4 FROM THE DAM HUH...ABOUT HOW BIG WERE THEY?GET ANY TAGS?

BadAschFishing
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I think it was planted yesterday so we're gonna go give it a try