PDA

View Full Version : Melones 12/8  My first Brown!!

kokemachine83
12-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Got to the Glory Hole ramp at 6:30. No trucks in the parking lot. Headed up river, past the Parrots Ferry Bridge. Two lines in. One at 10' and the other at 5'. Both rigged up with Apex's. One a Cop Car and the other all gold with gold tape. After about 15 mins. the gold one goes off. Nice little 15"er. Caught 6 fish before making my usual turn at the forks. Just about half way up. I heard a really large crashing sound. Looked up the side of the mountain to see a 7 or 8' boulder come crashing down into the water, making a huge splash!! Then a little later heard a lot of splashing in the water along the edge. Saw two doe's bathing. Guess this is the outdoors. Then around 1pm i was putting out the one at 10' , Just got into the holder and went to check on the other. When i turned around to see the 10' rod in the water and line peeling off. Grab the rod and knew it was a good one. After getting it close to the boat i first thought it was a Bass. Then realizing it was a German Brown. Now i get the net. My First ever Brown trolling. This one's coming home. It wasn't the biggest ever, but it's my first one. It weighed in at a whopping 2lbs. Probably one more trip up there next weekend, Then off to another lake. Good luck to all and to all tight lines. Caught and released all 13 rainbows.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/120807_002.jpg

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/120807_003.jpg

Fish_Bully
12-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Right on with the right on Robbie! It would have been nice seeing you again but you were a little further up river than I was. I trolled from just past Parrots Ferry bridge back to the big turn.

Maybe I'll see ya next weekend but I will be changing tactics.

Flip

mtnlks
12-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Congrats on your first brown Robbie. sounds like you had a great day.

Howard

Martinez Frank
12-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Nice brown kokemachine ;) heard you on the radio yesterday and now that I think about I think I saw you at the ramp at the end of the day do you have a white Chevy truck?

Mickey_Thomas
12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Nice going Kok Machine, I wish I'd caught that one, we had one Bass, one Kok, and a bunch of Rainbows, a Brown would have made a "fourpel" ;D ;D Thanks for the advice on the water, we didn't do to well on the apexes so we went back to the small Lymans and ended up with 8 on Sat. Not as many as you but a fun day just the same :D

untalan1
12-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Nice browm, I caught a 3# at the spillway area trolling close to shore with a rolled shad this time last year.I may it up there this weekend for a few days of fishing before my shoulder surgury a week from this WED.I'll be in my 21' blue and white cuddy Sea Ray.Honk or give a wave if you see me .I'll have my radio on channel 69.Good Luck!

froggie
12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Way to go Robbie. Those browns are great to land. They fight really hard. [smiley=fencing.gif]
I love that sound of the line peeling out. We didn't hit the lake this weekend at all. Home stuff. The weather was quite cool this weekend, so the fishing should be awesome next weekend.
Froggie [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

tortuga
12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Yahoo, way to go Robbie. Its about time somebody got something worth talking about. Congrats on a nice Brown.
Tortuga

fishon18
12-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Robbie,

* * Congratulations, it's a nice brown and you always seem to find the fish. Added bonus when you see falling boulders, and doe bathing themselves. Take care..

Scott

Ironhead
12-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Nice fish Robbie. Tis the season for a few of those to start showing up. You would be the one to find em...

Ironhead

Rod Bender
12-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Congrads on your first brown, can we now call you the Brown Machine?

freon
12-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Great pics and report Robbie, congrats on the brown, its very nice.

can we now call you the Brown Machine

Thats just wrong, but funny RB ;D

robonthefly
12-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Iwas wondering if u had the pic of the brown. The other fish looks like a rainbow. Brown trour have red spots and a yellow brown belly. Nice Bow bro.
Rob

Mickey_Thomas
12-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Iwas wondering if u had the pic of *the brown. The other fish looks like a rainbow. Brown trour have red spots and a yellow brown belly. Nice Bow bro.
Rob Browns come in many shades and colors, silver is one of them ;) It's a Brown. 8-)

DuramaxDan
12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Nice Brown Robbie.It has the same color as all the browns in englebright that we have caught this year.I bet it was bright orange inside.All the silver browns we have taken also had lot of sharp teeth.

BadAschFishing
12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Congrats on a first :D its a nice one

FISHSTALKER
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Careful Kokemachine, Browns are addicting. ;)

kokemachine83
12-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Yes it is a Brown!!! The meat inside was just as pink as a Kokanee!!! I did find out one thing about them!! They have some really sharp teeth. When i had the picture taken at Glory Hole Sports, I put my fingers in it's mouth and won't do that again. OUCH!!!!!! I know there's some a lot bigger, but it was my first. I was so excited... All i can say is, since i got this new boat. I have had a awesome two years. Thanks to everyone, for everything!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

drstressor
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
That's a brown. If you right click on the pictures and view "properties", you can copy the path to the full image. It shows the big head and mouth of a brown.

Remember that you can't view images that haven't been resized to no more than 475 pixel wide.

Mickey_Thomas
12-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Iwas wondering if u had the pic of *the brown. The other fish looks like a rainbow. Brown trour have red spots and a yellow brown belly. Nice Bow bro.
Rob Browns come in many shades and colors, silver is one of them ;) It's a Brown. 8-)

Doc said;
That's a brown. *If you right click on the pictures and view "properties", you can copy the path to the full image. *It shows the big head and mouth of a brown.

Remember that you can't view images that haven't been resized to no more than 475 pixel wideRobbie said;
Yes it is a Brown!!! * The meat inside was just as pink as a Kokanee!!! *I did find out one thing about them!! *They have some really sharp teeth. *When i had the picture taken at Glory Hole Sports, I put my fingers in it's mouth and won't do that again. *OUCH!!!!!! * I know there's some a lot bigger, but it was my first. *I was so excited... *All i can say is, since i got this new boat. *I have had a awesome two years. *Thanks to everyone, for everything!!! *

* * * * * * * * * * *Robbie (Koke Machine)... DuramaxDan said;
Nice Brown Robbie.It has the same color as all the browns in englebright that we have caught this year.I bet it was bright orange inside.All the silver browns we have taken also had lot of sharp teeth. Well, at least we've established that "it's a Brown" ;D ;D ;D

kokemachine83
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Mickey Thomas, Thanks for clearing that up!! Everyone at Glory Hole said it was a Brown. It did have some redish orange spots.

drstressor
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Everybody was right except you. ;D

kokemachine83
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Maybe we got to close with the camera. The flash made it look silver. I know without a doubt it was a German Brown!!!!!!!!!!! I have caught them in the streams with my dad years ago!!!!! This is my first lake Brown..

drstressor
12-10-2007, 06:11 PM
I was just busting Mickey. He's always wrong. ;)

Dennis
12-10-2007, 06:57 PM
I was just busting Mickey. *He's always wrong. ;)
Is that even when he outfishes you on Pyramid?

Sorry I just couldn't help it. Mickey made me do it.

drstressor
12-10-2007, 07:24 PM
You've never fished with me Dennis. I'm tired of reeling in fish. All I do is run the boat these day. So everybody out fishes me (or nobody does). ;)

Dennis
12-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Got it ;)

Mickey_Thomas
12-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I was just busting Mickey. *He's never wrong. ;)he really knows his stuff ;)

stonesfan
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey Robbie, are sure it was'nt an Italian Brown............L.O.L.

Oh Boy, Wat Did I Just Do...................... [smiley=bomblighting.gif]

P.S. I still like Koke Machine better than Brown Machine!

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

kokemachine83
12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
stonesfan, That morning i caught a bunch of trout, And i answered back to someone and they said i should change my name to Trout Machine!!!! Was thinking about getting a dry eraser board and change the name as i fish. (Trout, Salmon, Koke) I think i'll just keep KOKE MACHINE....

tortuga
12-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I can't even believe there is a question...If you look at the head and the spots ....Nice Brown Robbie. There were some really big ones in those pens last year. I tried to teach them to come when I whistle but I couldn't quite get it.
Tortuga

stonesfan
12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey Robbie, whatever you do, just don't change the name to

DIET PEPSI MACHINE.................. ;D

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

kokemachine83
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
stonesfan, Believe this, it has already been discussed. I've even had people tell me to put a coin slot in the side of my boat. KRAZY!!!!

kokemachine83
12-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey Tortuga, Are you and Froggie going to be there this Sat.? Didn't get to see you two last weekend. Called out for you, but no answer!!! Hope to see you up there soon. Keep in touch!!! Robbie

okie
12-12-2007, 02:52 PM
what all do you catch at melonies? my neice and har hubby just arrived there as winter campground volunteers and i was thinking of goin down and try something.
bill

kokemachine83
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
okie, we'll they be fishing from the Bank or from a boat? They can fish from shore on the south side of the Glory Hole Ramp all the way out to the point. If they have a boat, send them up river and start after going by two bridges. That's the Parrots Ferry Bridge. Hope this helps.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Athlete24
12-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey in the fishing report for New Melones in the Modesto Bee said a man named Robbie caught a nice 2lb. brown. I was assuming that was you. Way to go!
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Bank or boat fishing both will produce at Melones.

okie
12-12-2007, 06:50 PM
i'll probably be fishing from the bank, they will get a boat sometime but dont know when. i be goin down there during the week and staying a couple of days, they just came back from arkansas and i haven't seen them yet.
thanks everyone for the info, is there any bass there??

kokemachine83
12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Athlete24, Yes that was me!!! Really didn't think i would get Glory Hole Sports BIG Fish on the Week. It was only 2 lbs. I know that there are some BIGGER ones in there. Going to try again this weekend. Hope to see some other sniffers up there!!!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

tortuga
12-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Robbie
We're going out either Sat or Sun....probably Sat. We'll probably start at Coyote Creek and head up and then back. Or something else??? This cold weather and that little bit of rain might have shaken it up some. Anyway we'll be on 69 most of the morning. We always launch at T T. Don't know how early we'll be, Froggie jus don't like that cold!!!
See you on the water
Tortuga
Besides I've got some "blue shad" I'm dyeing to try. lol

B-RAN
12-13-2007, 07:52 PM
congrats i wish my first brown was a trophy like that :)