PDA

View Full Version : SKUNKED los vaqueros

GottabKevin
12-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Went up today about 8 and started fishing from the south cove until 10 without any bites. only saw one guy who caught a pounder but thats it. Then i decided to head past the rockwall area, but it was even worse. there nobody caught anything plus it was windy. i noticed that for the past couple of weeks the bites have been really slow. i will probably go back up there during the spring. i suggest that no one goes up there until the next plant or when the water comes back up.

B-RAN
12-08-2007, 05:50 PM
man that sucks :( looks like i wont be heading up there soon :'(

GottabKevin
12-09-2007, 09:55 PM
los vaqueross isnt doing so good right now. if ur planning on going fishing in the livermore area i suggest Del Valle. i heard there doing pretty well on the trout.

DazShooter
12-10-2007, 10:34 AM
The wind is a killer. Always check their website before going for current wind conditions. They have a 24/7 live feed from the marina. Calm days can be very good, but when the wind kicks up you might as well fish with bananas.

BadAschFishing
12-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I hate those days >:( what were you using???

Ikan_Mas
12-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Sunday was a bust as well for me. I fished from 7 to 11:30 on the north end and only had a 5 pound bass to show for it. ;) Did not catch any trout. Did not see any trout. Should have been a great trout day. Yes, the wind was bad, but there are ways around that as well. Don't fully understand the problem.

Dustriver
12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
I have been hitting Salmon more than trout recently using the standard set ups. With lures, I have even nailed an ok striper....

GottabKevin
12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
ive been sticking with pb. maybe i should use some lures. where u guys fishing and wat lures work best?

Doubleheader
12-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I have not been fishing there in a while but been reading the Norcal Fishing Reports and I would have thought it was wide open out there; guess this site is the real deal on reports.

Dustriver
12-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Rockwall & areas northwest. I have been using 1/4 gold/red kastmasters, 1/8 silver kastmasters, castaic swim baits and rapalas. Examine the geography for good lure fishing & you'll bag em.... As far as limiting out, it is really hit or miss.....

GottabKevin
12-12-2007, 09:40 PM
iva also followed the norcal fishing reports. they help at times but these days its just not really helping that many people. its still a relaiable source but los vaqueros is unpredictable right now.