PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid From Shore

Captain Compassion
12-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Going to fish Pyramid from shore on Wednesday and/or Saturday. I want to fish at Popcorn if I can find it after 33 years. Any reports on how the fishing is and what I should be using? Any help would be appreciated.

CC

BigB
12-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Captain,

I fished at Block House last week and just used spoons. The frog pattern was the productive spoon that afternoon.

Popcorn is at the far south end of the lake and there should be a sign marking the location.

Brian

fishdude76
12-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I agree with BigB. I went last sunday with Ed and the frog colored daredevil was the hot ticket for me, and size didn't matter :P A couple 8lbers were landed right next to us so there are nice fish in close. I think anything green with a little red on it will work. We landed 6 and hooked into 10+.

okie
12-09-2007, 12:29 PM
cc, last time i was there at blk hse with mr ed the hot lure was frog pattern castmaster. what time are you planning on being out there?
i may try to come out if the weather not bad.
bill

Captain Compassion
12-09-2007, 05:42 PM
OK. The consensus so far seems to be fish Block House with frog patterned spoons. I know BH is up the beach aways from Popcorn is the road marked?

CC

Captain Compassion
12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
cc, last time i was there at blk hse with mr ed the hot lure was frog pattern castmaster. what time are you planning on being out there?
i may try to come out if the weather not bad.l

No such thing as bad weather at Pyramid. ;D I'm not sure what day(s) I'll be there. There is a fellow Sniffer who wants to go with me but he has to get permission from the wife.:-* If he can go then I will be there Saturday for sure. If not I'll be there Weds. Heck I might be there both days anyway. ;) Where ever I fish I'll arrive there between 7 and 8 in the morning. I'll know more Monday evening and I'll let you know. I've got lots of Kastmasters but I don't know where to get a Frog Kastmaster.

CC

tragedyspring
12-09-2007, 08:45 PM
they got all the hardware you need at the pyramid lake store. I hear green with red dots is working well from shore. 7/8 spoon good luck and try not to freeze. ;)

Captain Compassion
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
they got all the hardware you need at the pyramid lake store. I hear green with red dots is working well from shore. 7/8 spoon *good luck and try not to freeze. ;)

Thanks for the info. I've got three 7/8 spoons. Orange with black dots. Chartreuse with black dots and a large Apex spoon in fire-tiger. I'm going on Wednesday and I'll pick up what has been recommened to me at the store.

CC

okie
12-10-2007, 07:36 AM
i'll try to make it wed. i'll be a litle later since i have to get my wife off to work about 830 so i should be there by 930 or so. driving a grey f150.
bill

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
i'll try to make it wed. i'll be a litle later since i have to get my wife off to work about 830 so i should be there by 930 or so. driving a grey f150.
bill

Ok as thing stand I'm going both Wednesday and Saturday. Wednesday Mrs Compassion will be driving so that means I won't be so early and I won't fish so much. We will go to Sutcliff first get some tags and a couple of lures and arrive at BH between 10:30 or so. We will be in a small green Ponitac. On Saturday I will arrive at the lake arround 8:00 and will be in a big black 4-runner with oversize tires. Where I fish Saturday depends on information I gather on Wednesday. Hope to see you.

CC

CHICKFISHING58
12-10-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm glad to see that Mr ED shows everyone my secret spot on shore.
I hope the stars are still on the pottie ;D

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm glad to see that Mr ED shows everyone my secret spot on shore.
I hope the stars are still on the pottie ;D

The Captain certainly appriciates the help. A pottie, or high bushes, is always handy. I'll look for the stars. 8-)

CC

Mr_Ed
12-10-2007, 10:01 AM
CC;
sent you a picture to help you out...??

Chick;
That spot is good cus the outhouse is close andcleaned often and the car is real close , if you want to get warm.

There are BETTER spots, just that this one is real "HANDY" ;D ;D ;D

CHICKFISHING58
12-10-2007, 10:21 AM
CC;

Chick;
That spot is good cus the outhouse is close andcleaned often and the car is real close , if you want to get warm.

There are BETTER spots, just that this one is real "HANDY" * ;D ;D ;D

Ed,
There is no better spot from shore >:(

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
CC;

Got it. Thanks. Got to get me some of them colored Kastmasters.

CC

hunkfisher
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Good Luck CC! Cant wait till the pics come out, get that 10# outta the way quick!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

BigB
12-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Captain,

To answer your question, yes Block House does have a sign next to the roadway marking the location.

Brian

Mr._Striper
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Can you fish there with your California fishing licence? If not, how much is a none res. licence?

okie
12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
mr striper, you need a permit from the pyramid tribe, you can get one at sportsmans warehouse, at the winners corner on pyramid and eagle canyon, at the store right after you enter the reservation or at crosby's lodge. good luck
bill

Mr._Striper
12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks okie.

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Can you fish there with your California fishing licence? If not, how much is a none res. licence?

No Cal or Nevada licence needed. You have to get an Indian Permit that is $9 a day.

CC

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks BigB.

CC

Farrier_Frank
12-10-2007, 05:56 PM
... That spot is good cus the outhouse is close and cleaned often and the car is real close, if you want to get warm.

There are BETTER spots, just that this one is real "HANDY"

Mr. Ed got that right... there are shore fishing locations as good or better than Block House; depends on the day.... If you want easy-to-get-to, a place with stars on the ****ter, Block House is where you want to go. It's right past the Rawhide lookout.

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM
... That spot is good cus the outhouse is close and cleaned often and the car is real close, if you want to get warm.

There are BETTER spots, just that this one is real "HANDY"

Mr. Ed got that right... there are shore fishing locations as good or better than Block House; depends on the day.... If you want easy-to-get-to, a place with stars on the ****ter, Block House is where you want to go. It's right past the Rawhide lookout.

Thanks everyone I'm there. The stars on the potty tipped the balance. 8-)

CC

fpsamm
12-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Hey gang I was planing on fishing at the BH on Tuesday, but if other FS will be out there on Wednesday than I'll be there also. See you there and dress warm.

Samm

BigB
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Samm,

What time were you planning on going out to the lake?

Brian

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey gang I was planing on fishing at the BH on Tuesday, but if other FS will be out there on Wednesday than I'll be there also. See you there and dress warm.

Look for the Captain around 11. I'll be with the lady taking all the pictures. :)

CC

cgagex3
12-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey Capt, how did you talk my wife into coming over to Nevada? *;)
She is talking about us going to Seco on Saturday for her to take her standard 3 or 400 pics of nature while I fish.

CG

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey Capt, how did you talk my wife into coming over to Nevada? *;)
She is talking about us going to Seco on Saturday for her to take her standard 3 or 400 pics of nature while I fish.

It's best to keep them occupied. ;)

CC

Mr_Ed
12-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Better not tell her that Crosbys has slot machines...........

She might want to come all the time !! ;D ;D ;D

okie
12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
sam, the weather looks better for wednesday, 32 on tues, 38 on wed. c u there around 930.
bill

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Better not tell her that Crosbys has slot machines...........

She might want to come all the time !! *;D ;D ;D

As long as they don't have one of those Wheel-of-Fortune machines it will be ok.

CC

fpsamm
12-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Brian (Re: leaving time) I sent you a message but if you diden't get it I'll repeat it. I'm leaving early around 5:30-6:00.

Okie, by the time you get there the fish will have gone back home for their afternoon nap.

Samm

HikenFish
12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
CC, don't worry about arriving late at this time of year for Pyramid, it's been my experience the best bite is middle of the day fishing from shore this time of year.
I've been fishing from the shore since October, and my best bite has come from 10 AM till 230 PM, last week I got there at first light to join the hordes of folks that didn't get fish till about 930 AM, seems it takes the fish an hour or two to adjust to the sunlight after it hits the water.
I'm betting the surface temp right now is 48 degrees or less. Good luck!

Captain Compassion
12-11-2007, 08:07 AM
CC, don't worry about arriving late at this time of year for Pyramid, it's been my experience the best bite is middle of the day fishing from shore this time of year.!

Sweet. Thanks.

CC

CHICKFISHING58
12-11-2007, 09:26 AM
CC, don't worry about arriving late at this time of year for Pyramid, it's been my experience the best bite is middle of the day fishing from shore this time of year.
I've been fishing from the shore since October, and my best bite has come from 10 AM till 230 PM, last week I got there at first light to join the hordes of folks that didn't get fish till about 930 AM, seems it takes the fish an hour or two to adjust to the sunlight after it hits the water.
I'm betting the surface temp right now is 48 degrees or less. Good luck!

I used to fish at Block House before I bought my boat I was like Sam out there before the sun was up then a really nice man told me the same thing so dont hurry sam your just freeze ask Doc ::) ;D

fpsamm
12-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Chick you know me I'm up with the chickens and ready to go. If it wasn't for me your poor little dog would never get out to go potty in the AM when were camping.

Samm

Mr._Striper
12-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Good luck to ya guys tomarrow. CC, let me know how you did. I too have been wanting to go up there and give it a try from shore for some time now.

Captain Compassion
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Good luck to ya guys tomarrow. CC, let me know how you did. I too have been wanting to go up there and give it a try from shore for some time now.

I will report. With Mrs. C. along there may even be a few pics. :-* 8-)

CC

Farrier_Frank
12-11-2007, 05:38 PM
... I've been fishing from the shore since October, and my best bite has come from 10 AM till 230 PM

That's pretty darn accurate, HikenFish, at least this year. I've fished Pyramid 13 days so far this year, fishing from a boat, covering a lot of water, and if you miss the 10 to 2:30 bite you're out of luck. There is an early morning bite, but it's real short and not very good. And after 2:30 the lake has gone dead. Any fish we've caught after 2:30 this year have been few and far between.

okie
12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
sorry i can't make it tomorrow, i just recv'd some 'honey dos' for tomorrow, something about hanging Christmas lights. hopefully next time.
and sam, the last time i got out there at 530, they didn't start bitin until around 9. i almost froze what little tail i have the last 2 times too. 9-10 is a good time for me.
bill

triggerfish
12-11-2007, 08:08 PM
It sounds like shorefishing is starting to turn on,are the shore guys doing better that the guys in boats?

fpsamm
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Well I was there even though it was cold. Captain Compassion showed up and I saw him land one. Heck that was a lot better than I did. Chick passes the Block House in her boat. I don't know how she did. Hey where were all those who said they would be there?

Samm

okie
12-12-2007, 05:39 PM
geezer, got my sisters car taken care of, christmas lights up, garage door fixed and planning on going out tomorrow, you or anyone elsre goin to be there?
cc what did you catch your fish on?

Captain Compassion
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Well I was there even though it was cold. Captain Compassion showed up and I saw him land one. Heck that was a lot better than I did. Chick passes the Block House in her boat. I don't know how she did. Hey where were all those who said they would be there?

Nice to meet you Geezer. Hope you like the pic. :)

CC

Captain Compassion
12-12-2007, 05:52 PM

Kastmaster. What else? 8-) 1/2 oz frog colored. Report coming.

CC

Mr._Striper
12-12-2007, 06:33 PM

Kastmaster. What else? 8-) 1/2 oz frog colored. Report coming.

CC
CC, the suspence is KILLING me.