PDA

View Full Version : Red/Caples snowed in, Icehouse Sunday

hopevalleyfisher
12-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Saturday I wanted to fish Caples for browns, so I left at 330am and was there by 530. Roads were treachorous with about 2" of ice, and nowhere to park at either lake because of snow and SNOWPLOWS(those guys are crazy). So I went to cabelas again and spent the rest of the day finger****ing everything I didnt get to last time.
So this morning I decided to stay on this side of the hill and tried Icehouse for the first time. As soon as I launched and dropped my rapala, I got a 13" brown right off the bat. Got a few more bites throughout the day, but nothing else hooked. Weather was beautiful with mostly blue skies, but it was COLD. Icehouse road was Icy and dangerous in places.

red_perception
12-10-2007, 05:45 AM
Congrats on the Brownie and nice report! Were Caples and Red frozen over yet? Did you happen to see Silver? Good luck, Eric :)

hopevalleyfisher
12-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, they werent frozen solid but they did have alot of ice. Probably will melt with a coupla sunny days, but its coming. Caltrans did a great job keeping the road open, but I dont think plowing the good fishing spots is high on their priority list.
Oh yeah, didnt make it to silver. Still havent seen that lake in the daylight.

Mr._Striper
12-12-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the report. I saw Silver a few weeks ago and it super low the lowest I've ever seen it.