PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 1st timer with question

Grumen
12-11-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm thinking of making a first time day trip to fish pyramid this weekend and was wondering about the special licenses and stuff. Can I get all this stuff to make me legal at the launch ramp pay booth? Are fees resonable there? Looks like a beautiful place to fish, and a good fishery too.
Thanks for any info.

fpsamm
12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Grumen, first off there is no charge for the ramp use. Second all you need to be legal is a day pass and everything can be had right there at Crosbys. Good luck and enjoy.

Samm

_Gone_Fishin_
12-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Grumen, first off there is no charge for the ramp use.

Wish more lakes were like that! ;)

ric1ric
12-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Theres not charge for the ramp but you have to pay a boat use fee and a fishing permit and if you camp theres a fee for that.

Grumen
12-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Hows the campground there? Good for RVs with hookups?

vvbob
12-11-2007, 01:06 PM
There is an RV park about 2 miles from the ramp.
$20 a night, full hook ups, it sits right on the lake.

viper2
12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Just want to add that you have to pay before you get to the launch ramp. *There is nothing at the ramp for paying. *Crosby's or the store when you enter the reservation have the permits.

flatcom
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
go to crosbylodge.com for more info

BigB
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Grumen,

The fees for Pyramid Lake are $9 per day for fishing, boating and camping. As VV Bob said, the RV place is $20/per day. He should know, as he has stayed plenty of times. Crosby's Lodge also has lodging if you do not want to bring an RV. There is also a $1 dollar service fee that is charged when you purchase your permits.

Permits can be purchased at the 7-11 & Winner's Corner in Spanish Springs on the way to the lake. On the Reservation, you can get your permits at the Pyramid Lake Store as enter the reservation from Pyramid Hwy or at Crosby's. You can also get them at most sporting good stores in Reno.

If you do not require hook-ups, then you can camp right next to the lake at Pelican Point, which is where the boat ramp is located. All of our Fests at Pyramid Lake are held at Pelican Point.

Here is Crosby's website - http://www.crosbylodge.com/

Have fun!!

Brian