PDA

View Full Version : ICY ICR 12/10/07 (pics)

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
After this weekends storm and the last few day of cold weather I wanted to see if ICR was still fishable. Approached ICR from the North via Diamond Valley Road and Airport Road. The dirt road was sloppy in spots and frozen where it was protected from the sun but no real problem. Arrived ICR around 12:10. The lake was frozen by the dam and in the coves. Fished along the shore with Powerbait for around an hour and a half with no bites. The weather was cold but with no wind it was pleasant. The only other fisherman near me was a retired DFG Biologist from Woodsford and his white dog. He was having no luck either. Three of four more cold days and the lake will be covered with ice But a string of warm days with wind will clear it up. A beautiful day despite the skunk.

CC

ICY ICR
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/121007-01.jpg
NO BITES
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/121007-02.jpg
A MAN AND HIS DOG
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/121007-03.jpg

cgagex3
12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Well Capt. some days the skunk is alright. At least you didn't have the gale force winds from the day that you & I went to ICR. With that snow it would have felt like a serious wind chill.
Nice pics, if ICR was hit that hard then I would imagine that Red froze back over again. Makes me want to go out and get a dog, I don't think either of the cats would be to keen on the snow. :)
They really aren't even sure about fish if it isn't in their food.
Counting down the days till Father's Day weekend trip back over the hill.
Good luck out there at Pyramid, see you soon.

CG

Mr._Striper
12-10-2007, 06:01 PM
CC, man those are some awsome pics there. I really like the pic with the jeep next to the lake.

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Good luck out there at Pyramid, see you soon.

Thanks CG. Yakmotor tells me that Amador will seem like the tropics to me compaired to where I usually fish. I'm gonna get some sun screen and some shorts and head over the mountain real soon.

CC

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 06:13 PM
CC, man those are some awsome pics there. I really like the pic with the jeep next to the lake.

Thanks sir.

CC

cgagex3
12-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Careful about the shorts Capt, people look at me kind of funny when I show up in shorts when it's sunny and 55 degrees.

CG

hunkfisher
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow capt just a couple of weekes ago that place was clean and clear, great pics tho reminds me of home, amador=tropics for sure you need to make a trip soon, hopefully the lake clears up a bit as i hear rain is coming mon and tues, much needed though.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

B-RAN
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
well you cant beat the great outdoors ;) at least you got to admire its beauty :)

Captain Compassion
12-10-2007, 10:27 PM
well you cant beat the great outdoors ;) at least you got to admire its beauty :)

That's all you can ask.

CC

SlamminAmador
12-10-2007, 11:17 PM
CAP'N how low is ICR now and how soon before Red is ready for the ice drills?

camotracker
12-11-2007, 05:00 AM
very nice CC. thanks again for the snap shots

Seon
12-11-2007, 06:58 AM
... I'm gonna get some sun screen and some shorts and head over the mountain real soon.

CC

Hey, then you'll be known as "Cappy-TAN" *8-) ;D ;D

HikenFish
12-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Hey CC, did you happen to get that retired DF&G Guy's name?
Great post and the ever wonderful photos as usual!

BreakofDawn
12-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Beautiful Capt.! Sorry about the skunk but the snow is an awesome sight! And you are keeping your Four wheel drive skill sharp for the next run down to the East Fork :o :o ;D Nice!!!

Captain Compassion
12-11-2007, 08:20 AM
CAP'N *how low is ICR now and how soon before Red is ready for the ice drills?

According to the retired DFG biologist who lives in Woodfords the lake is as low as he has ever seen it and he fishes it all the time. The problem as he puts it is that not enough water is being allocated to the lake so even in good years the lake level is slowly getting lower and lower every summer. I'm not an expert on this but it is my guess that if it stays cold Red should be ready by Christmas.

CC

Captain Compassion
12-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Hey CC, did you happen to get that retired *DF&G Guy's name?
Great post and the ever wonderful photos as usual!

No but he's a regular at the lake. He usually trolls in an aluminum boat with a white dog.

CC

Captain Compassion
12-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Beautiful Capt.! Sorry about the skunk but the snow is an awesome sight! And you are keeping your Four wheel drive skill sharp for the next run down to the East Fork :o :o ;D Nice!!!

I wouldn't look for me to take my poor old 4-Runner back down that road any time soon.

CC

CHICKFISHING58
12-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey CC,
Where is ICR?

Captain Compassion
12-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey CC,
Where is ICR?

ICR (Indian Creek Res.) Is located between Woodfords and Markleeville California 4 miles east of Highway 89 on Airport Road. I'ts about 20 miles from where I live in Minden Nevada.

CC

Grizz
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
CC,

I guess Ebbetts Pass is finally closed for the winter? Iím going to Arnold for a few days between Christmas and New Years and kinda wanted to drive over to Cabelaís in Reno and donate my gambling budget there (fishing is a form of gambling), but Iíll probably have to wait Ďtill next year.

Captain Compassion
12-11-2007, 03:43 PM
CC,

I guess Ebbetts Pass is finally closed for the winter? *Iím going to Arnold for a few days between Christmas and New Years and kinda wanted to drive over to Cabelaís in Reno and donate my gambling budget there (fishing is a form of gambling), but Iíll probably have to wait Ďtill next year.

Come on over. 88, 50 and 80 are always and the state of Nevada needs your money. ;D

CC