PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro 12-9-07

fishon18
12-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Decided to give Pedro a shot this morning since there is not many reporting on this lake. The previous trips were slow at best, but with this recent storm and cold front I was hoping it would improve the bite. We launched out of Fleming at 0700 and it was 32* with a slight breeze and a surface temp of 58.2*.

As we were heading out we decided to fish near the Flume/Powerlines area because that area seemed to hold a few more fish than in other locations. Got the chance to break in two new downriggers and enjoy the thought of not stacking anymore! We put out a side planer with a Yo-Zuri minnow that didn't produce, fished various Apex's and spinners from 5-25' for 6 Rainbows that went 14-15" and rolled shad from 80-100' that produced 2 15-16" Kings that were nice and fat.

*Great day on the water with good company, but man it was cold this morning.Thanks Ironhead for having me. This trip was more productive than the previous two weeks but I think it should be prime by Christmas. The water levels seemed to have come down a bit and they are doing some repairs at the ramp.No pictures as these fish were all released to fight another day. Take care...

Scott

iron-man
12-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Way to go Scott. I guess if all the new DRs worked Greg must have chosen the right polarity when hew flipped the coins to choose. Good report. Nice to see a few kings showing up. The powerlines area is a good choice for Pedro. IM.

kokemachine83
12-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey Scott, Nice going on a lake that no ones been to lately. Thanks for the report. Did you guys make it down to Jenkins hill area? I want to fish another lake in a couple of weeks, was thinking maybe Pedro or Berryessa. Congrats on those fish. I have also been releasing all the rainbows this year. I did keep my first Brown ever. I was really stoked. Keep in touch! Robbie (Koke Machine)...

mtalley
12-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the report Scott. It would be nice to not have to stack when downrigging. Keep those reports coming.

Marty

fishon18
12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Robbie,

Greg and I pretty much stayed near the powerlines because we were marking several bait balls that had active fish feeding on them, it's where we picked up those two King's.

Iron-man,

I will leave the polarity issues with you two! LMAO... You will be hearing from him shortly I bet. Take care...

Scott

twoelk48
12-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the report Scott I plan on going to Grimes mid week, don't you feel sick LOL Kent

fishon_chris
12-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice job Scott and Greg nice to hear a decent report from this lake.

Keep them comming.

Chris

Ironhead
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
This lake is showing promise. Large bait balls, with some active fish around them. Give it a couple weeks and it will fire off. New riggers worked great and can't wait for the kokes to really give them the work out. Some really big kokes.

Ironhead

JoeTech
12-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the report scott and greg. Can wait to get out there again.

tortuga
12-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys. We've been trying to decide where to fish this weekend.....maybe Pedro. I have a bunch of shad in the freezer.
Tight lines
Tortuga