PDA

View Full Version : Camanche or Seco (updated with pics)

cgagex3
12-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Well I need to make my decision for tomorrow morning. Take out the pontoon at the south shore pond and play (30 minute drive and $14 fee) or run to Seco (10 minute drive and $5 fee). :-/
Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The wind would be more of a factor at Seco. It will probably be more crowded at Camanche.
Anybody go to either in the last day or two?

CG

B-RAN
12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
id say seco :) people have been catching limits and camanche hasnt produced much fish so far

Mr._Striper
12-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I would go striper fishing the way its been ;)

floracimo
12-08-2007, 08:52 PM
i would go to camanche ............or if im all the way up there then amador.....i love fishing there...........but for me one of these 2 :)

cgagex3
12-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Decided to choose Camanche. Hit the pond at 7:00am.

Smoke on the water
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4790/picture001du4.jpg

First fish was on black/olive wooly and that ended up being the only fish caught on a surface target all day. I didn't see much surface action. The bankers didn't seem to be catching anything with floating bait on bobbers either.
After an hour of nothing I dropped a second line in the water. Sinker with a 3 ft lead and 3 white power eggs. I just let that drag around on the bottom as I drifte around playing with lures.
I ended up catching 5 more fish on the bottom with the power eggs. I finally caught a second fish on a lure after a five second countdown on a gold Kastmaster as I was heading back towards the dock to leave.

Here is what I took home.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2833/picture003hu5.jpg
All were in the 12 to 14" range.

All in all a nice day, wasn't as crowded as I expected but it was kind of chilly out.

Captain Compassion
12-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Decided to choose Camanche. Hit the pond at 7:00am.

Way to go CG!! Smoke on the water. Catchy I feel a song coming on. 8-)

CC

cgagex3
12-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Fire in the sky took a while longer.

It was cold enough to start the day that I thought I went up 88. Frost on the grass the fishing docks were frozen over and kind of slippery for the bank fishers.
For some reason they planted all the big fish in the main lake this time. 600 #'s in the lake avg size 3 #'s, 600 #'s in the pond avg size 1#.
But it was a fun day, kind of like fishing practice. I was trying to tell of few of the people on the shore to go deep. They were all fishing on the surface off a bobber but I think I saw maybe 10 fish roll on the surface all day. I caught 1 only 1 on the surface all day and that was just as the sun hit the surface at 7:30am.
Today was a bottom dweller kind of day.

Let me know when you come down this way Capt. A trip to Amador, Camanche, Seco, Thermalito (a new favorite). So many holes to choose from.

CG

Captain Compassion
12-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Fire in the sky took a while longer.

Let me know when you come down this way Capt. A trip to Amador, Camanche, Seco, Thermalito (a new favorite). So many holes to choose from.

I'm going to try ICR tomorrow but there may be ice. I won't know until I get there. Pyramid once maybe twice this week (weather allowing). It's a sure thing that I'll try Amador once before the end of the year. I'll let you know.

CC

B-RAN
12-09-2007, 09:55 PM
i guess camanche was also a good option :)

89_invader
12-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Well at leawt you got some. i think rancho seco would have been a better bet myself. it does get a little windy but if you fish in the back not that windy. The fish seem to be more active whne its windy. Just can't really see them. Thye tend to hang out really close to shore and all the way to the right at the second ramp under the trees.