PDA

View Full Version : New Melones 12/08

Martinez Frank
12-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Went to New Melones today launched at glory hole at 8 am Mickey and Super Dave were in the water waiting for us to show up. 8-) We then went up past the 2 bridges and fished up the arm. It was pretty slow for the first couple hours, then the bite started to pick up, well for Mickey and Dave anyway. they started to report catching fish. Shortly after my wife Sandy and I hooked up on a 12-14 in nice trout on a uv apex with a orange srtipe. I was busy trying to set up my GPS to show speed and depth finally got that finished and the wind started to blow us toward shore and as that was going on we hooked up again on a firetiger apex. That was it for us the rest of the day was slow for us but Mickey and Dave was still getting hook up's I think they ended up with 8,we ended up with 2 but we broke the boat in with fish at least. We were trolling at 1.5-2.0 and 10-15 ft down. Talked to kokemachine on the radio and met Brett at the ramp at the end of the day. we were off of the water at 3pm
Thanks for the help today Mick and Dave :D The weather was clear and brisk, the water temp was 57

Brettskih
12-09-2007, 07:45 AM
It was nice meeting all you guys.We ended up with 10 bows largest was 17" lost about 6.Nice boat Frank.And you don't have to buy all that stuff Mickey was talking about right away.Enjoy the boat and think about what you really want.Remember a boat is "A Hole In The Water To Throw Money In"Well, Until next time see you all on the water sometime. Brett

tortuga
12-09-2007, 07:49 AM
Yep its still just the planters. those fish from the pens last Spring are all still out there somewhere! Seems like this weather ought to help.
Tortuga

Martinez Frank
12-09-2007, 08:36 AM
It was nice meeting all you guys.We ended up with 10 bows largest was 17" lost about 6.Nice boat Frank.And you don't have to buy all that stuff Mickey was talking about right away.Enjoy the boat and think about what you really want.Remember a boat is "A Hole In The Water To Throw Money In"Well, Until next time see you all on the water sometime. *Brett

Nice talking to you too Brett, Yes I will outfit it alittle at a time :D

Mickey_Thomas
12-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Nice boat Frank, I'm sure you'll get it set up the way you want it in time ;) At least it will make it easy for Sandy to shop for Christmas for you ;D ;D ;D SuperDave and I caught 12 on Fri in the rain storm, stayed dry and warm most of the day. Sat we ended up with 8 and lost a few others. Water temp was 57 like Frank said, and fish were on top and down to 12' for us, we trolled 2" Lymans most of both days, avg, speed around 2.0 mph. SuperDaves boat is set up perfect, 4 riggers and plenty of room for food ;D ;D ;D Nice to meet other sniffers out there and enjoyed the radio chatter, I guess Brettskih was taking me serious as I teased Frank ;D No worries Brett, Frank never takes me serious ;) Dennis and GVF Richard joined us out there on Friday, for a rainy day we sure had a fun time :D

Grizz
12-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Yesterday, I managed one 15 Rainbow trolling a Rapala J7 Firetiger while kayaking up the Angels Creek arm, before my rudder gave out and I had to struggle against the wind to get back to the launch. >:(

SuperDave
12-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Friday was just pouring buckets off and on again all day. The first picture is for Doc because we caught all our fish on bright colors and that just against Doc's science. ;D

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2553/rainfishzt4.jpg

Saturday we went miles up the Stanislaus arm and found some fish that liked meat. Tipping with 3/4" of night crawler was what put the bite on for us.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9565/creekarmql4.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/118/sunfishri4.jpg

And here is a shot of Frank's boat on the water.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/975/franksboattb8.jpg

Martinez Frank
12-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for posting the pic's Dave, it was good to see you and Mickey. When are we going again?

drstressor
12-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Since when is white a bright color? ;)

Seon
12-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Sounds like I missed a heck of a good fishing day.

Well I bought Frank's GPS/Finder yesterday morning so tomorrow I plan on installing it. *Then my Daiwa line counter reel and rod combos I ordered last week are due for delivery on Wednesday so if all goes well, I'll head out to Melones on Thursday with the wife and get some fishing in *;).

Martinez Frank
12-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Seon, you are going to be fully equipped, :D good luck and enjoy that gps 8-)