PDA

View Full Version : Fished Spicer Meadows Lately?

D_falt
12-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Has anybody fished Spicer Meadows in the last couple of weeks? I want to go trout fishing this weekend and was wondering if it was worth while going all the way up to the lake or would I be better off settling for say
New Melones? Anybody got any ideas. I will be fishing from my canoe equipped with my trolling motor and fish finder.
thanks
Doug

steveo79
12-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I would hit Spicer before Melones, I've been hitting it about once a week for the last couple months. It is at 6500 ft elevation, so watch the weather. The wind can get nasty up there, but if you've been there before, you know what I mean. Not a place to learn how to fish from a canoe. :)

HOOF
12-06-2007, 07:47 AM
I second Steveo's opionion-as long as the weather stays good I would roll up to Spicer before it is closed for season due to snow.

steveo79
12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Well, so much for Spicer's. This storm will make access difficult, unless you own snowshoe's.

D_falt
12-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Well thanks for everybodys help. I went to New Melones on Saturday and put in at Alice Creek ramp. It turned into a day of learning how to get out of trouble and fishing a little. The wind decided to blow a bit
and then I snagged my line in the motor and inded up with a birds nest. That is when I quit and decided to go back to pull the boat out of the water. No bites but I did see a couple of stringers full of fish that other guys had caught long lining with flashers and lures.
thanks again
Doug