PDA

View Full Version : New Melones 12/7

Dennis
12-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Well met up with GVF and headed up past the Parrots Ferry Bridge. SuperDave and Mickey launched and were right behind us. Fished the area for a few hours, picked up a small mouth Bass on a GR7 Rapalla. GVF picked up a few with a homemade Lyman, yellow glow with red spots @ 25' OTW. We started to troll dowstream and SuperDave and Mickey headed up. Short time later Mickey said they put a few in the boat ::) and kept asking where we were so we picked up and headed up stream and finally met up with them about where the South Fork of the Stanislaus and the Stanislaus come together. We fished the area for some time and picked up a few. GVF's Lyman's put four in the boat and I put three two trout and the earlier bass.
Fish are close to the banks and in the top 10' of water. I used a side planner to target the last fish and to show GVF how a side planer works. Last one was caught on 'garden hackel' behind a watermellon sidekick about 40' off the side of the boat maybe 2/3's of the way to the bank. Water temp was 57 rained most of the day but it just rolled off the Duck's back. Sure was nice to have full sides and back.
I didn't take any pics but maybe GVF and Mickey will post some later.

Grizz
12-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the report, Dennis. I'll be heading up there at 0-dark-30 tomorrow morning.

Brettskih
12-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks Dennis, I'll be there in the Morn.

Garden_Valley_Fish
12-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Dennis,
As always a pleasure to first mate on the Duck!
Water off a Ducks Back too funny. [smiley=rotfl2.gif]Not much traffic out there today we had one or two boats out on the lake. Rain must have scared them away.The fish were 14"-16" and square tailed alot of fun.It was good to try out some of my new lures but like I keep telling Liz I need more research!! more testing so I'll have to go out again next week somewhere and run them some more.
Good to see Dave and Mickey out there

kokemachine83
12-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Way to go guys, I'll be heading up early in the morning!!!

Martinez Frank
12-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Way to go Dennis and Rich, talked to Mickey this afternoon he said a good time was had by all, I also will be there in the morning for the maiden voyage in the new boat, hopefully it will be a memorable one :D