PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pardee

fish10plus
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Any one been there latey. And got any info on it???????

Old_School
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
pardee is closed right now. Check there website for when they open in Feb I think.

fish10plus
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Thats what I thought but wasnt sure. Thanks Old school

kokemachine83
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Looks to Open on Sunday Feb. 2nd.

jaysimu
12-04-2007, 06:48 PM
they have always opened on friday. i wonder why the new owners are opening it on sunday.

fish10plus
12-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Maybe trying to fan out the rush of openning day fishmen and women that love to fish that day or maybe its camping sites I dont know just my 2cents. ;)

Seon
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM
... i wonder why the new owners are opening it on sunday.

Doesn't the EBMUD owned Pardee, Camanche and Lafayette Reservoir?

cgagex3
12-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Seon,
Yes it owned by EBMUD and the rec side is ran on a lease out to a privat company just like Camanche. The other thing is that the 2nd is a Saturday but as far as I know the rule for Pardee is that it opens on the first Friday in February regardless of the date. That would make it the 1st this year.

CG

waterdog
12-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Pardee is an EBMUD lake but the marina, campgrounds, store etc is owned or leased by a concessionaire. I believe the current owners have had it for about a year.
Waterdog :)

Seon
12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Pardee is an EBMUD lake but the marina, campgrounds, store etc is owned or leased by a concessionaire...Waterdog :)

Ah ha! That's why the annual pass you buy from one is not accepted in the other :o. Now I see the light 8-) ;D.

Speaking of which, if one was to buy an annual launch pass, which lake would be the more desireable to fish?? It appears that Pardee when open is fished more than Camanche.

Ranger07
12-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Speaking of which, if one was to buy an annual launch pass, which lake would be the more desireable to fish?? *It appears that Pardee when open is fished more than Camanche.

*I purchase both lake passes each year. The only thing I hate about Pardee is that they don't have a pass for the fishing fee. *

atavuss
12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I always thought Pardee was one of if not the cleanest lake around, no trash strewn all over the shore and they have a very nice cleaning station. the floating toilets are a plus too!

Garry
12-06-2007, 05:39 AM
the opener on the website is incorrect. i cover lake pardee for the sniffer print edition and contacted them regarding this - and the person i spoke to said the lake will open on friday feb 1 (the first friday in feb like they always do).

you will catch me out there on that for sure. feels like a sick day to me.....

garry

waterdog
12-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Speaking of which, if one was to buy an annual launch pass, which lake would be the more desireable to fish?? It appears that Pardee when open is fished more than Camanche.

That is a tough question. For pure fishing Pardee may be the best bet since it is a fishing only lake - no body contact with the water, no skiiers or jet skis. Pardee also has Kokanee and is a great small mouth lake (the Calif. SM record was recently caught there) The lake level also generally stays high. On the other hand you can fish Camanche all year (Pardee closes for about 4 months) and the South Shore Pond is a great bank fishing place. Huge trout to 14lbs are caught there.
I like fishing Pardee better for a lot of reasons so for me I would buy an annual permit to Pardee and just pay the dailey fee to ocassionally fish Camanche.
Waterdog :)