PDA

View Full Version : Sonoma Steelies ?

foresthill_fishin
11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
;)Looking for any tips on gear and tech. for those Sonoma Steelies Ill be headen off this hill Dec7,8 hopen to find some action out there.Iv only fished Sonoma for bass but me and my 2 bothers are goin to target steelies welp hopefully some-1 from the north bay can give me some helpfull advice THANKS KEEP ON TROLLIN Slow @ Steady [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Mikespyke
11-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi Foresthill-

My dad and uncle live in Healdsburg and fish Lake Sonoma 2-3 days a week. *The bite has dropped way off as of a week or two ago. *Best bets are always threaded nightcrawlers by themselves, behind a dodger, or behind flashers. *After that, your favorite shad imitation lure - rainbow runners, hum-dingers, needlefish, etc.

Happy trails, Mike

foresthill_fishin
11-27-2007, 04:24 PM
A Thanks Mikespyke hopefully they ll b hitin when im there.One other ? were they usin downriggers or leadcore I dont think my brother has d-ri
ggers.Thanks any tips on gettin down deep without leadcore or D-riggers Thanks again
Ill post when trips over hopefully this trip wont b pictures of us being towed in by the coast gaurd aux boat lol.............. [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Mikespyke
11-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Foresthill-

They use downriggers, but since the lake has turned over, fish are from the surface to fifty or so feet down. *They had trouble locating the fish no matter what depth they fished though. *Same for the other trollers they talked to as well.

Happy trails, Mike

TroutWagon
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Last time I fished sonoma we got one fish and that was a month ago, though it was a 4 lb er, that made the day. Shad looking lures, I used a 3 in yo-zuri fat hard bait to get that fish. good luck

TW

foresthill_fishin
11-27-2007, 06:42 PM
;)Thanks Guys Now Thats Why I love this site all the info a fello fisherman can use and great guys@gals Thanks Again and hopefully Ill be postin some pictures ..........................................

dirtdogg63
11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
the lake is not producing any fish as of late. there is not many to begin with. i would try other lakes . tom
:(

Mikespyke
12-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Foresthill-

I talked with my dad over the weekend and he said that no one was on the lake last week trolling. *My uncle and his friend went looking for catfish up the creek arms with no luck. *Hope this helps you plan your trip!

Happy trails, Mike

foresthill_fishin
12-03-2007, 05:12 PM
:'(MAN that sucks was hopen for a little better news but what the hell will still b out there this weekend me and my 2 brothers givin um hell .........slow steady KEEP ON TROLLIN [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Mr._Striper
12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Ya know, Clear Lake, Blue Lake, and Lake Mendocino are close by ;)

TroutWagon
12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Lake mendocino is so low that it could bottom out, all launches are out of the water and closed.

Clear lake is hammering bass with live bait and blue lakes are slow

hope this helps

TW

foresthill_fishin
12-04-2007, 02:47 PM
:)Thanks guys I think were goin to stick to our plan and fish Lake Sonoma If all goes well Ill b postin pictures regardless Im sure a day out on the lake with my brothers is going to b great seems how we only see eachother a couple times a year (whats funny is we wont see eachother on the holidays but will fish 3-4 times a year)ok well still a couple days before the trip so ill keep my eyes on the boards.KEEP ON TROLLIN slow @ steady [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

THE_TROUTKING
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
You only use lead core are down riggers fishing around the dam area to the 5mph bouys. If you fish the creek arms 15ft up is what you need so you dont get caught up in the tree tops. Alot of times trolling files work good.
My last adventure I got one fish in the back creeks and not the warm springs side.about 3 weeks ago.
Brian

tatted_fisherman
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
how was your trip foresthill fishin?i live in that area i never have really caught anything but bluegill at lake sonoma for some reason,but then agian ive only shore fished it never in my tube.any body tried float tuben sonoma before?any tips?