PDA

View Full Version : Help catchin' a few trout?

buzzbait
12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi. I'm fairly new to fishing, having started only about 6 months ago. I've been focusing on Bass, but now I'd like to catch a few trout as well.

I'm in the Butte County area.

Any hints as to where I might start at this time of year?

My thoughts were
1. Paradise Lake (Closed though, right now)
2. Desabla Reservoir
3. The Feather (but where?)

Any help with location or lure/bait selection would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

partner
12-04-2007, 01:31 PM
*Thermalito Afterbay Saturday morning
Pages 1 2 all

You might try thermalito just west of oroville on 162 . *the wilbur road area has produced some nice fish for paradise pontoon , chicofisherman, and others.
welcome to the boards........good luck

partner

TeleComCal
12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the Trout Board. If you want to sit and float some bait, the South Forebay Rec area in Oroville is good, but if your looking for bigger fish, the Afterbay is good. The water level is up right now and the rocks are there to shore fish or there are plenty of boat launching areas also.

Good luck.

GCinGV
12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
You can fish the North fork of the Feather for Trout along 70 (valley district portion) year round from the Plumas/Butte county line down.
GC

JPFX
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
On the 'site search' section, just type in a lake you're willing to travel to and it will most likely show up in the Fish Sniffer maps section. It will give a drawing of the map and include all info you need. Once you find one you like, then ask about it on this board and you will most likely get a whole bunch of helpful hints/advise.

cgagex3
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Welcome to our world Buzzbait,
For proper recommendations it would help to know how you are fishing. Bank, boat or pontoon/float tube.
I went to the thermalito afterbay for the first time last weekend from stories I had been reading here. It was a blast on my toon, but I have also seen good things on the bank in the same area.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1196471144

That was my Saturday. The feather can be fun to this time of year too but that trip ^^^ was hard to beat.

CG