PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a Melones trout derby?  

sloteke234
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Not sure what red tape is attached but my buddies and I (6-10 boats) did monthly trout derbies at Melones last year. Not sure what red tape is involved, but is anyone interested in putting together/ participating in one?

fish10plus
11-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Im down and might be able to round up a few more guys for participating in one as long as its on a weekend. And fees arnt outragouse. Keep me updated with pm's or on this thred.

twoelk48
11-29-2007, 03:22 AM
Here is the best way to run one of these keep it simple, invite friends and folks by word of mouth, keep fees reasoanble like 10 bucks per person to fish to set a time and date and do it skip getting involved with all the red tape and BS permits, jsut my 2 cents Kent

troutfan
11-29-2007, 03:46 AM
Keep in mind guys that you can gauge interest in having a derby on the trout board but it is against Sniffer policy to coordinate a derby on this board. *If you want to announce a derby you need to contact Deborah the administrator.
Sniffer Event Policy:
Allow me to take a moment to explain the Fish Sniffer policies regarding the posting of events. In order to make the viewing of this web site and these posts an enjoyable easy to access venue, the Sniffer has adopted a policy of not having events listed on their boards. This policy prevents these boards from filling up with the 100's of events that happen on a monthly basis. We understand the importance of your event but if each person was allowed to post what is important to them the boards would soon become unmanageable. The Sniffer does want important charity and fish preservation events to be listed on the Fish Sniffer. That is why we have an event calendar on the Sniffer. The Sniffer openly invites you to submit your event and information for revue to the Administration by contacting Deborah at: deborah@fishsniffer.com. *

The Events Calendar is at: *
http://www.webcreator.com/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.pl *

Please check our media page for advertising with the Fish Sniffer also at: http://www.fishsniffer.com/advertise/ * *

sloteke234
11-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Right on. Sorry about that.

hetchy
11-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm interested. I want to take some kids fishing and that location is close to home.

Farrier_Frank
11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Just call it a "Fest" and whoever wants to throw ten bucks in the kitty for the "biggest" can buy the rest of the guys drinks when it's over. That's about as American as you can get. ;)

Just let me know the "when" part and if I can get there I'll show you all how to catch big fish [smiley=homersimpson.gif]

Win or lose I'll still buy you all a drink... or a soda pop, whatever works.

It's the fun that counts, nothing more. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

Mickey_Thomas
11-29-2007, 07:31 PM
FF, you sure are a rebel these days ;D ;D ;D Now you let the "fest" thing out of the cage ;)

TNT
11-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Sounds fun to me.

Martinez Frank
11-29-2007, 11:12 PM
I will be there next saturday Dec 8th as long as I get the boat ready to go :D

Mickey_Thomas
11-30-2007, 06:14 AM
I will be there next saturday Dec 6th as long as I get the boat ready to go Gee Frank, me too :) When are you going to post up a pic' of that new boat you have?

sloteke234
11-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Ok, Melones Trout FEST!!! Never really put something too big together. Anyone interested in helping me out (or I can help them out). Message me if so. Also, please throw out some dates. I figure Jan/Feb would be best. One day or two day?

fish_junky
11-30-2007, 07:05 AM
I'am also interested in this Fest/Derby. Sounds like alot of fun.

Martinez Frank
11-30-2007, 03:51 PM
I will be there next saturday Dec 6th as long as I get the boat ready to go Gee Frank, me too :) When are you going to post up a pic' of that new boat you have?

What? you are going to be there too? Well maybe I will wait until the next weekend :D ;D

Haven't taken a pic yet Mick, it is dark when I get home from work, maybe this weekend. Some of us do have to work you know ::)

I will be there the 8th not the 6th

hetchy
11-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Hope the Melones fest works out. Sounds fun, maybe make it a family thing for kids, I'll put up a nice rod and reel as a prize for whatever. Feb. sounds like a good time since there isn't much else going on then it might generate more interest. Are all the campgrounds open there during the winter?

Mickey_Thomas
11-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Martinez Frank said
I will be there the 8th not the 6th I'll still be there on the 8th Frank, you can't hide from me ;D ;D ;D Hetchy, yes they leave the campgrounds open, but most of the time I stay in Angles Camp RV Park, full hookups and nice people ;)

twoelk48
11-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Count me in any time after Jan 4th, Kent

froggie
12-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Late Jan will work for Tortuga & I...Feb is pretty busy for us. Just keep us posted. We'll try to participate, as Melones is our closest lake. We'll be out there this Sunday (Dec 2) checking it out.
Froggie [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

Woody
12-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Count us in for the fest. We will be looking for more details.
We have plans to be there the 18th of Dec. for the day. If you make it a kids too deal we will bring the kids. Prety much any weekend in Jan. or Feb. will work for us.

See you on the water.

Woody

fish10plus
12-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Ive got about 8-10 guys from chuch interestd any time jan or feb

troutseeker
12-03-2007, 07:30 AM
I think it sounds great, I have friends that would love to go to a fest and meet all you great folks and catch some fish.... ;)

Grizz
12-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Froggie,

How did you do Sunday?

jdecker
12-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Count me in too.

Martinez Frank
12-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Martinez Frank said
I will be there the 8th not the 6th I'll still be there on the 8th Frank, you can't hide from me ;D ;D ;D Hetchy, yes they leave the campgrounds open, but most of the time I stay in Angles Camp RV Park, full hookups and nice people ;)

Hide from you ::) come on Mickey, we are family ;)

sloteke234
12-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Ok, here's the deal. Like I said before, buddies of mine do a monthly "FEST" at Melones. I send out an email when ever we are going to do them. Please send an email to kcolefishing@sbcglobal.net if you would like to be added to the email notices.