PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Seco do i have what i need?

garrett_s
11-30-2007, 07:19 PM
what kind of lures should i bring their. i will be in my float tube
so far i have
1 broken back rapala in blue/silver
1 count down rapala in silver/black
2 castmasters in 1 in orange and 1 in silver
2 blue foxes 1 in blue and 1 in silver
seps trolling grubs in yellow
wooly buggers in black and olive
1 panther martin in pink with black dots
1 jar of chartruese power bait
and some nightcrawlers anything else i should i bring

Salvage
11-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi,

Personally, you should be set although you might consider some Berkey Power Worms, 3" in white or chartruese, gold or silver/blue castmasters, or small white crappie jigs.

Cheers,
Salvage

cgagex3
11-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Guppy,
You are set pretty well, you have *a good color for the PB. Wooly Bugger color is just right for the clear bobber with a 4 or 5 ft lead. If you have it bring gold Kastmaster too. Start with silver but gold is close second. Rapalas can be tough but the weed level should be low enough now that you won't snag up.
Salvage has it right about the power worm white, pink and orange all work, and the jigs are good too.
If you are throwing in a second line to sit on the bottom well you cant go wrong with crawlers, or a crawler & PB combo.

Good luck.

CG

garrett_s
11-30-2007, 09:08 PM
You may want to bring a rod and reel as well. :P
i will be bringing my ultra light setup
will crappie jigs in yellow work

B-RAN
11-30-2007, 11:57 PM
kastmasters all the way...i went there 2 weeks ago and slayed them with the kastmasters ;)

fish10plus
12-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Your probly on the water already but ,crappie jigs white with red heads are what I prefer.good luck and find the big one. ;)

garrett_s
12-01-2007, 07:36 AM
i am actually going next weekend i asked here so i could stock up
what kind should i get the rubber jigs or the feather jigs

fish10plus
12-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Ive always done good with the feather one. I use the rubber ones at slamador(Amador).

Kneedeep
12-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Guppy, get some white and or chartreuse power eggs. No mess no fuss, their like rubber, they float, and you can catch two or three trout on the same eggs. Two eggs on a number eight eagle claw hook with a two foot leader and sliding sinker. Stand on your rod butt while you cast the castmasters with your second rod. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

garrett_s
12-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Guppy, get some white and or chartreuse power eggs. No mess no fuss, their like rubber, they float, and you can catch two or three trout on the same eggs. Two eggs on a number eight eagle claw hook with a two foot leader and sliding sinker. Stand on your rod butt while you cast the castmasters with your second rod. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
i have power eggs in white and chartruese

89_invader
12-03-2007, 07:50 AM
I was out ther all weekend and in my tube and slammed them with black, olive, and a black and olive wolly bugger on a fly rod and bubble set up There is a lot of fish out there right now and they are going to be pl.anying a lot of fish these next two weekes because of the trout derby that is coming up on the 15th. Good luck.

hunkfisher
12-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Guppy-yellow will work the best jigs i have used were the trout magnets which are rubber, there are slamador fish in there and they love them trout magnets go get soem of those, but a yellow will work too, water is really clear so visability wont be a problem, people here are right on about the power eggs as well, dynamite! good luck look forward to your report, if i were you id stick to the rec area coves then tend to school up over there. ;)

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

garrett_s
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
hey hunkfisher the yellow jigs i have are rubber
look out rancho seco here i come :)

AllFishNoWork
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM
some nightcrawlers anything else i should i bring

Those should do it

camotracker
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
don't forget the bg lunch thing. your going to out in the middle lalala land. ;) have fun guppy.

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"