PDA

View Full Version : Pinecrest skunk

JPFX
12-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Made the drive up to Pinecrest after reading Slims report. Very cold...probably mid to high 2O's. We fished 4 poles with everything from crawlers, salmon eggs, Powerbait to several lures. Not even a nibble. oh, did I mention very cold?

chicofishrmen
12-01-2007, 08:18 PM
JPFX, nice try, at least you were fishing! Next time!

_Gone_Fishin_
12-01-2007, 08:22 PM
JPFX,

Sorry to hear about the SKUNK [smiley=angry.gif]

But thanks for the report anyway.

You gotta report the good and the bad days. ;)

Mr._Striper
12-01-2007, 09:11 PM
That stinks, at least you got out today.

ratss427
12-01-2007, 09:32 PM
we all get skunked sometimes.but,not everybody is honest enough to post it.thanks for a "real"report.........at least you got some line wettin' in.looks like some storms may be on their way soon.

Manteca Steve
12-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey JPFX
I wonder... *was it cold out there! ::) . As for being skunk, I think we all smelt it. :-/Were there many brave souls out there?

Fish_Bully
12-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I know from experience that the skunk smell washes off real easy.

Thanks for the report.

Flip

Athlete24
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
My theory is if you don't get a skunking every once in a while you loose the joy of the good days fishing. ;) *Good luck next time!

_Gone_Fishin_
12-02-2007, 09:06 PM
JPFX,

Could you see any trout close to shore at all?

When I was there I could see them very close to shore ..they would get spooked when you walk up to the water but if you stood there for a couple minutes they would come back.

I actually caught all mine on marshmallows and green power worms.

Slim
12-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Made the drive up to Pinecrest after reading Slims report. *Very cold...probably mid to high 2O's. *We fished 4 poles with everything from crawlers, salmon eggs, Powerbait to several lures. *Not even a nibble. *oh, did I mention very cold?

Sorry about the skunk..

Did you see any surface action?? Roughly, where were you fishin at? Near the "point? Around the corner towards the Dam? Fishin on the bottom or did you use any bobbers?

The fish I caught were all on the surface... and it wasn't cold like it is now.. At the house in Twain Harte (yesterday morning) it was 27 deg (brrr) . Now we need some moisture to give us snow. !!!

Slim

JPFX
12-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Slim, we were fishing about 1000 yards to the left of the boat rental store and ramps. Fished bobbers and off the bottom. Did not see any surface action. :'( [smiley=cold.gif]