PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake  11/27 & 28

firecap
11-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Fought a little snow on the way with an adventure on black ice before Canyon Dam, but it was well worth it. Being a beginner on Eagle, I'm easily impressed, so I can't really brag about anything over 5lbs. yet, but my partner and I did manage 4 over 4lbs. We stayed down South Tuesday morning. My partner trolled threaded nightcrawler on 3 clolors first thing and managed a couple (one of my downriggers was on the fritz). I was using merthiolate 3" grub about 20' and really never got hit. So we headed to the Youth Camp and managed 2 in the over 4 class. I kept it at 12' at 18-24' depth.
Next morning, we didn't have to go north of Pelican, I kept the rigger at 12' and nailed 'em at all depths of water out to 55'. Two more over 4 and two closer to the two pound mark than the three, but they had attitudes and as usual were a hoot to bring in.
Water temp both mornings ran between 45-47 degrees.
Trolling speed 1.4-1.9 mph.
Heading to the lake on A1, kept it in 4 wheel and even went down into low for that famous 15mph corner. there may have been 2" of snow up top, but the second morning, about 2/3 was sanded by some people doing work around there.....Thank you...thank you.....thank you!
Like I said I'm just beginning up there and this was just my third trip, but I think I have the fever. some day I'll become computer literate and post some pix. Thanks to my buddies for talking me into trying something other than green carp.

Scott R
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
That fever you talk about is a tough one to kick. *I also have it and thank god is just doesn't go away. *Eagle is my favorite lake. *Sounds like a great trip-great report. *

duramax
11-29-2007, 08:54 PM
way to go "C" no problem getting out as I told U//Now U have been bitten// C U at the store//K

EXCAVATOR
11-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Sounds like a great trip :D :D The roads to the lake have Eaten :-? a few rigs pulling boats to the lake on cold mornings,

I will head up next week !!!!!!!!

EXCAVATOR