PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Bound

Fern-dog
11-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Heading out with mygood fishing Buddy Dyno-Mite-Don to try Camanche in the morning. Putting in at North shore and heading for the Dam and Hat Island area for some trolling. Any suggestions or advice. First time out this year, hoping to try to get em early. Will post a rpt Thursday PM with results (good or bad).

Thanks ... Fern Dog

kokoloco
11-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey Dog. *I'll be there on Friday so give a good report. [smiley=bananachaga.gif]*Robbie (Kokemachine83) has posted that the dam area is pretty good. *Watch out for shallow water is what I read in another report. *The lake is really low. *I've done well there in the past with firetiger Cripplures and crawlers behind dodgers. *You might try Big Hat Island but again *beware of sandbars. *Good luck.

Sam

B-RAN
11-29-2007, 07:16 AM
camanche is pretty low this year, im not sure if thats gonna effect the fishing :-/ but good luck :D

Seon
11-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Speaking of Camanche, has anyone bought their annual launch pass? How many times a year do you use it? *I ask because I called their office about their 2008 launch pass. *I was told not only will I need the launch pass, I'll also have to buy their annual day use parking pass and fishing pass. *Is that the norm??? *I figured it'll take 15+ times to fish Camanche to break even compared to paying the daily fees.

Fern-dog
11-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey Dog. *I'll be there on Friday so give a good report. *[smiley=bananachaga.gif]*Robbie (Kokemachine83) has posted that the dam area is pretty good. *Watch out for shallow water is what I read in another report. *The lake is really low. *I've done well there in the past with firetiger Cripplures and crawlers behind dodgers. *You might try Big Hat Island but again *beware of sandbars. *Good luck.

Sam

As promised, here is my report on todays fishing at Camanche....
> 3 guys in the boat (my buddies, not mine). Elec TM died right off.
> On the water @ 0650 hrs, clear flat & calm.
> Water is extremly low, lot's of hazards & stick-ups. Temp 56-58 deg.
> Trolled from B. Hat, west to the dam for 1 fish and one short strike.
> Across dam & over to Litl. Hat and back down *the middle. 0 Fish
> Back over to B Hat, two more misses.
> Up to the bridge for two nice fish (flashers & NC / Orng Grub).
> Missed several more up at bridge, saw a nice 4-5 Lber caught on NC.

Overall, we did not use any downriggers, they were left at home by accident. Saw several fish caught early by others with Down Rig. Marked lots of fish at 20-25 ft. No patteren to where fish were staging. Dam area and west of hat seemed top producer for everyone but us.

It is still early. Don't expect a hot bite like we get in March, it's still early. Just got to put some time in to get them, they're there!
We need water badly or it's gonna be stream fishing down the middel of what used to be a lake!

Regarding the fee's...That place is going to price it's self out if they keep *going up.

Hope this helps. Still beats sitting at home any way you look at it!

Fern -Dog *[smiley=odie.gif]