PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 11/24 Limits  (Slow)

kokemachine83
11-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Started out near the dam/spillway. Windy in the morning!!! Dropped the trolling motor in and, guess what? It's not working. So now i get to troll with the big motor and the trolling plate down. Full set of charged batteries and only have a tank of gas. Oh Well!!! Here we go. Caught the first on a gold Apex and the next on the same. Then the sun came out, caught one on a cop-car Apex. Then it really shuts down. Around 9am. Caught one here and there for awhile. Finished at 4pm with 6 fish released. I HATE THE WIND!!!!!!!
Lures: Apex's and Rapala's
Scents: Pro-cure Shad and Krill Gel
Depths: Surface to 15'
Speed: 1.5 Apex's 1.9 Rapala's

Next weekend Berryessa or Melones Until next time!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Rod Bender
11-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Well Robbie, if you had a slow day at Camanche then it must have been slow. You think the full moon had an effect on the bite today? Did you figure out your trolling battery problem? Always good to have the backup plan, the old trolling plate on the big motor, kept me fishing many times. Stripers in the delta for me on Sunday. See you on the water soon.

Steve

kokemachine83
11-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey Steve, Good to hear from you!!!!! Yeah, I think the full moon had a lot to do with it. Sure was a lot different than last Sat. thats for sure. Also Been really windy the last couple of days. I think the wind must of cloudy up the water. I couldn't even see the downrigger ball down 6'. Lots of grass and stuff on the surface. Kept getting on the cable. OK thats enough excuses. Hope to see you up there at Berryessa soon. Keep in touch!!
Oh yea!! The trolling motor. The batteries are full charged. The auto pilot would come on and the motor steers left and right. Just wouldn't go. I have gone through two foot pedals now. Think thats what it is again. Guess another trip to Sunny's. Just might have to invest in a wire less? Just one more toy to play with.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

tortuga
11-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Robbie
If we get a little more cool weather our favorite lake is gonna kick it off! We didn't get on the water until 9:00 and we still caught a couple. We would of been there a lot earlier but I pulled a reel boner!! I launched my boat with the plug out!!!! and didn't notice until I walked back from parking. I yanked it up as far on the ramp as I could and stripped down to my shorts and walked into the water and put the plug in!!! The water was warmer than the air! My son was not impressed with my mastery of the boat concept. He says you are supposed to keep the water out of the boat...go figure. Before anyone asks..I had it out (the plug) cuz the front of the boat was in the open when it rained. All I can say is I never should have bragged to my son about had I could control my toys by God! I don't even want to talk about the cell phone I had on my belt when I went for my morning dip! lol We'llsee you on the water.
Tortuga

Rod Bender
11-25-2007, 04:01 AM
Tortuga, or should that be water turtle now. Just kidding, HA HA! There is always a boat story that will happen to all of us once. If is happens twice, now there might be a problem. Thanks for the story, had me cracking up when I read it today. I was tyring to picture your sons face when you walked into the water with your pants rolled up. At least it was not the middle of January.

tortuga
11-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Well I kinda cheated. I had shorts on under my warm pants...the reely bad part was the bragging I did on the way to the lake. How it was funny watching the "weekend warriors" with their big toys....how I knew how to get my boat in the water. [smiley=rotfl2.gif]The fishing gods slapped me hard for that one. It was still a great day on the water and my cell phone works fine today after its bath. [smiley=rotfl2.gif]
Tortuga

kokemachine83
11-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Hey Tortuga, It's ok to wash the inside of the boat once in a while. Was thinking about coming up there to Melones or Berryessa this weekend. What's the water temp now? Has any one been up river lately? Was thinking maybe rollin some shad? Looking for a brown or a BIG rainbow!
Good to hear from you! Keep those Melones reports coming!! Tell Froggie i said HI!!
Robbie (Koke Machine)...

tortuga
11-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Robbie
We've seen a couple of 3 or 4 pound browns caught by the spillway on topline Rapalas lately. We landed one 2 pounder yesterday and a couple of dinks...all on Rapalas. I've been as far up as Coyote creek lately and haven't seen much. The water was 60-61 on the surface yesterday. They've been so shallow we can't see them on the ff here lately. I haven't been serious fishing though just looking. It ought to get really good soon if the weather stays cool. Hope to see you on the lake. Froggie says hey.
tight lines
Tortuga

kokoloco
11-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Robbie you can't be beat at Camanche. If there's a fish there, you will find it and catch it. Bravo! Torturga don't feel bad. I've done that one myself. I got lucky and hauled the boat before it sank. And last January I swamped the boat at IVR......kinda of a spin cycle. Boat's real clean now!!! ;D ;D

Sam

jesballs
11-25-2007, 08:39 PM
hey kokemachine83

i was fishing amador and heard you on 69 talking about your trolling motor problems... i think that was you also talking about how many you had when all of a sudden you said 'OH S@#T HAVE ONE NOW!". i love camanche but never have luck there ive onnly caught 1 in three trips.

jes

kokemachine83
11-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Kokoloco, Hey Sam, How's it going? Heard you guys were up there at Berryessa. Not to good on those kings? I didn't even know there were any bridges there. Guess that's way up from the big island. Yeah, Camanche is kinda my home lake. Live just about 20 mins. away. Been getting used to my GPS. Still have a lot to learn. Might head up to Berryessa or Melones next week.

Jesballs, Jes, Yes that was me on the radio. Yes i did yell out. OH S@#t. I did hear a lot of chatter from Amador. I have tried to talk to some of them , but guess it's just a little to far. Don't give up on Camanche. That's a great lake to catch some really nice rainbows for half the price of Amador. You really can't go wrong with a Grub, Rapala or a Apex.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

fishnmike2002
11-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Dad and I spent Friday at Commanche. We started off down by Big Hat and worked around it then over to the dam, then up to Little Hat. In about 4 hours we had 4 or 5 short strikes but nothing close to sticking. All the bites came on white grubs. Nothing on orange or on Rapalas.

About noon we ran over to the north shore and trolled from there up river to the narrows. We started getting fish along the west side of Horse Island. We ended the day with 4 in the boat to 15 inches and lost 4 more. Had about 8 to 10 short strikes where the fish were just not interested. Everything came on grubs.

FishnMike

kokemachine83
11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey Mike, Good to hear from you and dad!! My buddy was up there with me this weekend and he did just as well as me. One thing, He caught all his on 3" firetiger grubs. Same place as me. There's quiet a few fish in that north corner of the dam. Also moved out in the middle to catch a few. Don't know where i'm going this weekend. Either Melones or Berryessa. First i have to find out what happen with my foot pedal on my trolling motor. Good luck where ever you and your dad fish. Keep in touch!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

cynnate
11-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey Robbie(or should I say MR. kokemachine)

When trolling rapalas at Camanche do you run these guys naked or with a dodger or flashers? Any insight would be appreciated. *:)

Thanks, Nathan