PDA

View Full Version : ICR Wednesday 11/28 (pics)

Captain Compassion
11-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Arrived 6:45 man is it cold. [smiley=cold.gif] Where I usually fish has skim ice out to 20 feet so I'm forcrd to fish down the shore. Tried Kastmasters, Panther Martin and a jointed Rainbow Rap. Nothing. The trout aren't hitting lures at this time. Switched to Power Bait and caught two 16" beauties. Still looking for the big one. I'll try again Thursday afternoon.

CC

WEDNESDAY MORNING
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/112807-01.jpg
FAT 16" BOW.
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/112807-02.jpg
ANOTHER BEAUTY
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/112807-03.jpg
LOCALS AT HONEY HOLE
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/112807-04.jpg

cgagex3
11-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Nice looking fish there CC, if this keeps up you may need an auger to fish out there pretty soon. [smiley=cold.gif]
I imagine the fish are to cold to chase anything, they just want you to drop it on top of them or come across it at their own pace.
Counting down the days to Father's Day weekend (my projected date for ice out) when I can make the return trip up 88.

CG

Captain Compassion
11-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Nice looking fish there CC, if this keeps up you may need an auger to fish out there pretty soon. [smiley=cold.gif]
I imagine the fish are to cold to chase anything, they just want you to drop it on top of them or come across it at their own pace.
Counting down the days to Father's Day weekend (my projected date for ice out) when I can make the return trip up 88.

I'm not sure whether ICR freezes all the way or not. If it does I hope it holds off through December so I can have someplace local to fish. Topaz opens Jan 1 so I'll be going there after that. Yes ICR seems to be a bait thing now. The trout don't seem all that lethargic when you hook them.

CC

cgagex3
11-28-2007, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't be either.

[smiley=rotfl2.gif]

CG

fish_feeder32
11-28-2007, 02:23 PM
That lake has some beutifull fish in it. I hope it stays ice free for a while i am going to gardnerville this weekend to help my grandpa on his ranch. And if i get the time i will stop by there. ;)

HUMM_DINGER
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM
hello geat pics and congrats on find out how to catch them. i was wondering if "ICR" stood for ice house resivor or if that is a different lake
thanks for the info
matt

Captain Compassion
11-28-2007, 03:47 PM
hello geat pics and congrats on find out how to catch them. *i was wondering if "ICR" stood for ice house resivor or if that is a different lake
thanks for the info
matt

Indian Creek Res. East of California Highway 89 between Markleeville and Woodfords.

CC

office_pirate79
11-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Those are some purdy bows Captain...bang up job as usual!

OP

camotracker
11-28-2007, 04:14 PM
CC nice fish bud. thanks for the report and pictures. you have an eye for camera

untalan1
11-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Hello Capt, I was up at Icr over the Thanksgiving weekend and your right the fish aren't chasing any lures I think the water is so cold that their a little lethargic.Did catch some nice 18'' beauties soaking a inflated nightcrawler.The lake was very low but had no ice on it.Can't wait for Topaz to open on Jan. 1 hope we get some rain or snow soon.

hunkfisher
11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
CC great job and pics as usual, envy your ability to fish there everyday ha ha, keep those reports coming keeping me sane up here during finals.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Captain Compassion
11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Hello Capt, I was up at Icr over the Thanksgiving weekend and your right the fish aren't chasing any lures I think the water is so cold that *their a little lethargic.Did catch some nice 18'' beauties *soaking a inflated nightcrawler.The lake was very low but had no ice on it.Can't wait for Topaz to open on Jan. 1 hope we get some rain or snow soon.

Ditto what you said.

CC

Captain Compassion
11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
CC great job and pics as usual, envy your ability to fish there everyday ha ha, keep those reports coming keeping me sane up here during finals.

My daughter is taking her final finals at Cal Poly Pomona. She greduat5es after the 6th. Good luck Hunk.

CC