PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle last Saturday???

LJ
11-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi, I think quite a few guys said they were going out to Del Valle last Saturday ,does anyone have some reports? Good or bad.

johnbfishin
11-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I didn't make it out there myself. I had a job site to check and was home by 9:00am with intensions of going, but I learned that if I can't hit the water there at day break I probably won't go. ;) 8-)

Woody
11-27-2007, 07:54 PM
LJ Fishing at D/V is pretty tough right now, I'm still not sure what happened in the last few weeks. September and most of October we were caughting 10 to 15 fish per trip with fish up to 8 pounds and 5 pounders common. Then about three weeks ago things just shut down. I have seen people fishing the narrows with bait doing ok. But even that is not as it should be. last year over the thanksgiving holiday we were catching fish trolling and bait fishing. Last weekend we fished on Saturday from 6am till 11:30 am for one fish in the narrows on a orange grub. I also lost one bait fishing (worm under a bobber) on the point just outside of badger cove. It does seem that slower trolling speeds are working better .8 to 1.2 mph using wedding rings, Grubs Etc. I will be back out there on Saturday and if I figure it out I will be sure and write a report. More then anything I think we need some rain to ge thing going.

See you on the water.
Woody

pez
11-27-2007, 08:41 PM
the reason why you are not catching fish is because they are stocking every three weeks. They used to stock every week or two at the most. More fish means higher chances of catching something. But don' forget our fishing licence is more expensive every year, and the park fees are higher.

johnbfishin
11-27-2007, 09:17 PM
the park fees are higher.

If you don't have one already get a parking pass, they are good for one calendar year from the date of purchase costing $55.00 and they are good at any EBRP... Del Valle, Shadow Cliffs, Chabot, Quarry Lakes.
If you fish any of these lakes more than 10 times in a year you'll break even. 8-)

Mackattack
11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Was there Sat. also and thru everything at them with no luck. The best results i saw came from a kid and his gramps that fished the bank between the launch and the narrows. They had a very nice stringer with some big bows on it.

Mackattack [smiley=fishing5.gif]

godson
11-27-2007, 10:29 PM
went out sunday, this place was a zoo. watching from the top of the dam boats every where, you have to troll zigzag to get around other boats. Lots of fish surfacing but no luck for the boaters. A few bank fisherman from the dock facing the dam have some nice fish. Water so low that it took alot of fishing surface from the boaters.

tragedyspring
11-28-2007, 06:34 AM
A few bank fisherman from the dock facing the dam have some nice fish.

where exactly are you talking about? I havent been back to the dam in a bout a month- have they put a dock back there?

Woody
11-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Tragedysprings I think some one is a little confused. No they have not put a dock at the dam not at Del Valle anyway.

PEZ it is not the lack of Fish, all you have to do is look at your fish finder the fish are there.

See you on the water
Woody

happydaddy
11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
If woody is having a hard time caching fish out there then it is not worth going.(lol) Hay woody have you sold that boat if not try craiglist I sold mine last Friday. Next time you go to the warehouse stop by.

tragedyspring
11-28-2007, 02:49 PM
yeah woody I was there last wed. and graphed a lot of fish. especially at the end of the narrows going towards the dam. Only caught 2 small planters and half a dozen shaker stripers. Used all the known tricks for del valle. even used a plain worm behind a seps sickick for nothing. it is possible that since the lake is turning over that the baitfish are just spread out all over the place. Maybe ill try the shallows to the left of the marina this weekend.and- OK I thought there wasnt a ramp at the dam. just checking though. it sounds like hes talking about amador. Good luck everyone see you on sunday at del valle. bright and early.