PDA

View Full Version : Are Loon or Ice House Frozen?

churchster
11-27-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm toying with the idea of heading up to Loon or Ice House tomorrow. Just one more time before they get snowed under.

I see from some postings that UVR is still OK. Does anyone know if Loon or Ice House are frozen?

Churchster

Jason
11-27-2007, 05:12 PM
A friend of mine was at Ice House Saturday and the water level is real low right now.

Whats_on_tap
11-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Churster,
* * * *I was at Union on Sunday and it was cold. *My truck had 31 degrees on the temp gauge, but we didn't have any problems with ice anywhere. *Didn't warm up until about 9:30. *We caught a small trout trolling with a Pinns Minnow, Baby Brook Trout. *Very little snow on the mountains too. *We need snow baddly.

Rich *

JMat
11-27-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't htink Icehouse ever really freezes over, I've fished there in the middle of January on many occasions and at most there was a little float ice. Loon on the other hand is a different story, although I would imagine it's still do able based on the very little snow and relatively mild temperatures we've had up here.
JMat

Mr._Striper
11-27-2007, 08:56 PM
I dout either one is frozen yet

churchster
11-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks all. That's more than enough to inspire the pyscho angler in me. I dig the cold every once in a while. Cold trout from Loon lake taste gooood!

Churchster

fenton_chris
11-27-2007, 10:58 PM
ice house freezes over. 2 yrs ago in febuary i tried to go there, it was frozen! good thing cuz then i had to goto uvr instead and caught my biggest mack ever 8-). last yr i think it was only half frozen.