PDA

View Full Version : Bullards, Fuller, Rollins, or ?

LOP_Steve
11-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all,
I am hoping to troll for trout at a lake within an our from Auburn. Is it too early still or are any of the above lakes (or others?) producing.
Thanks!!!
Steve

MGS
11-23-2007, 11:19 AM
LOP Steve, Havent been to Rollins in a month or so but it was really low at time. Boat launch was about 10 feet from being high and dry. Have not heard any reports lately. If you have an aluminum boat, you can get away with launching if you have four wheel drive. Some buddies of mine fish it when the launch is out of water[ for the browns and ducks] and do ok. There are some hog browns but you have to put in the time. Peoplr mostly target the truck trout until the boat traffic shuts things down. Personnally I would rather hit Tahoe or Stampede. I know Stampede is slow but I have an appointment with a 20 lb brown that spit my J13 last summer. Going to Eagle lake on the 30th to tie me over for now. If you make Rollins, I have the best luck in Bar river arm , around rocky point . Crawlers and dodger/flasher or rip some Rapalas. Good luck! Matty

Fishmiester
11-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey guys I was by there last Sat. and the water is only down about 20ft. plenty of water and tons of minnow balls up the Bear River arm. Hopefully I will make it up there this weekend myself.

LOP_Steve
11-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the responses. I ended up spending a few hours this morning on Englebright for the first time (less than 40 minutes from home!). We trolled worms, wedding rings, castmasters and needlefish behind dodgers. Hooked up twice but didn't land either one. Spoke with a few other boats that caught a few on worms/flashers. We were top lining. I think we were up too high since the boats that were successful were fishing down 15' deep or so. Marked tons of fish. Wish I could figure out how to get them to strike.

DuramaxDan
11-25-2007, 01:04 AM
LOP Steve we took 6 from Englebright today with worms behind blades on Kens worm harnesses.It wasn't a great bite but all were nice healthy fish.http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/Englebrite_043.jpg

jxpearce
11-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Took a drive up to Rollins today and the lake is only about six feet down. The camp host at Long Ravine says he expects it to be full by mid-December. Might be worth a try.