PDA

View Full Version : Red frozen- try Blue

hopevalleyfisher
11-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Thats the text I shot to my buddy at 3am sat morning. Then after seeing whitecaps at caples, I drove back up into Blue Lakes area and slept tiill sun up. My buddy never got the message, and too bad for them. I caught 18 12-14" rainbows, trolling a countdown rapala off the pontoon. Left Blue at 11, and hit red which was thawing out. I didnt know it but my buddies did go there and I just missed them at 1140. So I went back to Caples where everybody was having luck by the spillway with 14" rainbows. Launched the pontoon and headed across the lake, in search of browns. Hooked into a bunch of those bows, but no browns. then the battery died and I had to row across the lake so I left. Great weekend for everybody, but the FREEZE IS COMING.http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x304/rattlesnake_02/bluelake.jpg

Phishinfool2
11-25-2007, 06:56 PM
If you see the temps, yes the freeze is coming. I posted the pics of the ocean size waves on Caples and believe you me they and the wind and cold was ferocious.

Jimbo

hopevalleyfisher
11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
yeah, Caples was bad at about 330am. At about 12 when I went back it was calm, but picking up as I rowed into it around 4 or 5. Cant wait to icefish. Do I need any special permits or liscence to icefish?

hopevalleyfisher
11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Blue Lake was nice though. I actually went to upper blue, drove my car thru the boat launch onto a sandy beach and launched at the waters edge. I had the entire lake to myself and caught lotsa fish. Lakes are very low, and will welcome a good snow this year.

Captain Compassion
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Thats the text I shot to my buddy at 3am sat morning.

Red Frozen? Hope not I'm going in the morning. If I throw a rock out and it bounces I'll try Caples or ICR.

CC

Captain Compassion
11-25-2007, 07:48 PM
yeah, Caples was bad at about 330am. At about 12 when I went back it was calm, but picking up as I rowed into it around 4 or 5. Cant wait to icefish. Do I need any special permits or liscence to icefish?

Only lots of warm clothes. [smiley=cold.gif]

CC

hopevalleyfisher
11-26-2007, 07:25 PM
the ice was thin, and a rock did go thru it. most of it was melted by the time i was on my way home. But it aint gettin no warmer up there.
My buddy said he talked to someone who said they threw rocks to make a hole, and caught fish in that hole. Sounds kinda rough on the line tho. I would hate to have a big cutthroat on and lose it to the ice edge against my line. I CANT WAIT TO TRY ICE FISHING. 8-)