PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat 11-23-07

fishon_chris
11-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Got on the water at 7:00 off at 12:30.All in all it was not so bad.Fished for Kings at 75 to 95ft with shad cought 3 from15 to17 1/2 " with the biggest fat and full of eggs,He went 2.5lbs .Two more kings the were LDR's.Fished home made spinners behind dodgers for 9 bows all relesed to 14" and a pound or so.The top 30 for bows and deeper for the King Salmon.Even cought a catfish trolling.All the fish were cought between Zebe cove and the dam.The kings would not hit lures at all just bait (Shad) they were full of smaller shad.Sorry no pictures forget it at home.I graphed a lot of nice fish deep they were all kings but were not biting well.

Chris

iron-man
11-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Come on Fish-on. "He was fat and full of eggs", you been fishing with ironhead too often. IM

iron-man
11-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Sorry, I messed up "with the biggest fat and full of eggs, he went 2.5lbs"

mtalley
11-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the report from PF Chris, it's the best I have heard in a while.

BigRichClovis
11-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Chris,

Sounds like you had a better day at Pine Flat than I did. I went to Shaver on Tuesday and did really well. I think Pine Flat still needs to cool a little more and the fishing will pick up. I marked tons of fish by the dam also but they had lock jaw when I trolled through them. I was only using lures. Let me know the next time you go out and maybe we can hook up.

Rich

Ironhead
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Come on Fish-on. "He was fat and full of eggs", you been fishing with ironhead too often. IM

George, I thought I showed him how to lift there skirt and check but I guess he forget how.

Ironhead
11-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Chris,

Well, good job. You definitely fared much better then I did at Melones or Pedro. Did you have much company on the lake and how was the ramp condition. Been a while since I have been to PF.

fishon_chris
11-24-2007, 06:02 PM
There were a few trollers but mostly Bass fisherman.The three fish i picked up when i looked at the fishfinder there were defently fish there but the diffrent area's in the dam area i marked lots of bigger fish in diffrent places.I cought my three kings in the same 50ft radius.So this school was biteing.I could of picked up more if Mario did not have to leave.Lake is low but fishable.The Kings meat was more white than Redish orange can some one tell me something they were loaded up on shad about 1" long.
Greg and iron-man Ha,Ha,HA

Rich tried lures these bigger fish cant say no to brined shad injected with pro-cure Shad Sauce.

Chris

BigRichClovis
11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Chris,

I brought everything but the Shad to Pine Flat. Next time I will have some ready to go.

Rich

zinger
11-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the report Chris it's good to hear a decent report come from PF. How deep was the water when you were hooking those kings? Did you happen to get a water temp?