PDA

View Full Version : Eagle after Turkey Day

EXCAVATOR
11-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Heading to Eagle on Fri. A.M. Will have the radio on 69. I plan on starting at the youth camp, then move as needed or NOT ;)

I will post upon return, :)Happy Thanksgiving to all the Sniffers. :)

EXCAVATOR

vvbob
11-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Good luck......& remember to take your camera, oh yea don't forget to use it ;D

cornfused
11-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Excavator, I'll be up there also for the long weekend. I'll try and reach you on the radio. A friend fished there last weekend and said the bite was still from Youth Camp north. The recent warm weather has aparantly kept them from moving to the deeper south basin. Hope to meet you on the water. Weather report looks pretty good :).

Pat

EXCAVATOR
11-21-2007, 06:38 AM
V Bob I'll remember the camera this trip :P I mite have to e-mail you the pics to post them for me, my computer skills are tested when I try to post them and having a slow dial up connection makes it that much harder :-/

Pat hope to see you, Good Luck :)

Weather could be better a little snow would help, ;) but the cold nights should make the morning fishing great :D ;D :D

Don't forget the heater :P

EXCAVATOR

BryanBDGS
11-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Excavator, I'll be up there also for the long weekend. *I'll try and reach you on the radio. *A friend fished there last weekend and said the bite was still from Youth Camp north. *The recent warm weather has aparantly kept them from moving to the deeper south basin. *Hope to meet you on the water. *Weather report looks pretty good :).

Pat

Never under estimate the south end of Eagle ;) Agreed it usually takes colder water temps to get the fish moving but for what ever reason there are alot of nice fish down there right now and the best part.... not alot of boats.

cornfused
11-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Don't forget the heater *

EXCAVATOR *

Got it packed! Looks like the forecast is for morning temps in the mid to high teens. It will be a chilly start [smiley=cold.gif]

cornfused
11-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Never under estimate the south end of Eagle ;) Agreed it usually takes colder water temps to get the fish moving but for what ever reason there are alot of nice fish down there right now and the best part.... not alot of boats.

Thanks Bryan, with 4 days on the water I'm sure we'll fish the South end at least one day. We usually spend most our time there when we fish Eagle in November. My friend must have fished it on an off day last weekend.

BryanBDGS
11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
I just got an "on the water" report from a good friend of mine. With a number of you headed up there in the next day or so I thought I would pass it along. 11/22/07 = Air temp @ 6:30 am was a balmy 15 degrees. Surface temp at the Spaulding boat dock was 33 degrees with a quater inch of ice between the jetties. Surface temp at Troxel was 39 degrees. Fish were biting. Now that sounds like good Eagle Lake fishing weather. See you on the water

jmonty
11-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Fished Eagle Lake 11/17-11/20. Two boats, we caught almost 50 fish. Throwing back 4 lbers were common. Fished North End by troxel point with orange and watermelon grubs. Most fish were caught in 5-7 feet of water, 2-3 feet off the downrigger.

MGS
11-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Bryan, headed to EL on the 30th, for Goldylocks's b-day. Promis I will leave the Crown Royal at home [smiley=smiley_crazy.gif]. Staying at the Mariner I believe. If you are around, lets have a cold one and shoot the bull! If not we will see you on the water. Matty

EXCAVATOR
11-23-2007, 06:20 PM
A great day at Eagle ;D ;D * * *My dad and I got a late start :P but it did not matter. *Put the boat in at 9:00 *::)

I had my first fish in 15 min. :D a fat 3 pounder. *Another 15 min. and another hog 3 pounds 7 ozs :o *

Nothing on my dads poles so I hooked him up with an orange rapala on the down rigger, 150 feet back and 17 feet down and a orange power grub on the top line, 200 feet back. * 20 min later his down rigger pole starts to dance *;D ;D *He caught the big fish of the day for us, a football 4 pounds 11 ozs. *he was a happy guy ;)

He and I landed a handfull more, with our limit we headed back to the truck. *Off the water at 1:00 :D

Talked to Cornfused a couple times and his boat was having good luck as well.

The weather was great !! *The fishing was great !!! *

I mite have to make one more trip up when the weather gets nasty just because it seems like the thing to do :-?

EXCAVATOR

vvbob
11-23-2007, 08:53 PM
All right EXCAVATOR!!!!

4.11 is a dandy fish. *

vvbob
11-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Pics from Excavator 8-)

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z145/vvbob/100_0163small.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z145/vvbob/100_0162small.jpg

realdeal
11-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Those are some fat fish! great job ;)

EXCAVATOR
11-25-2007, 06:48 AM
"V" Bob, thank you for posting the pictures for me. :)

EXCAVATOR