PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lakes report

joshc40
11-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Went to Quarry lakes today from 11 to 5. Got skunked, but was darn close to catching one. Went on the peninsula for the first 4 hours. Got nothing, not even a hit. The water was pretty low there so I guess that affected the bite. So my friend GottaBkevin and my bro moved to our usual spot. Got three hits, hooked the second one and lost him five feet from the shore. GottaBkevin was pissed, and I was pissed as well. But thats fishing, sometimes you win, most of the time you lose. The bait that the bites came on were worm and marshmallow combo. I got one hit on powerbait, but I would suggest the worm and marshmallow combo. Leader size about 13-15 inches or so. Longer the better. Try to go a little deeper, thats where the fish are hanging out. Thats what I noticed at least. Still bummed about the lost fish though, should of hooked it better. Dang, next time.

Josh

GottabKevin
11-22-2007, 10:48 PM
LOL ;D i still cant believe u lost that second trout though. so close. that was a pretty fun day... most bites ive seen at quarry. Well better luck next time.

B-RAN
11-23-2007, 04:14 AM
Man that sux.... 4 hours without changing spots thats hard....better luck next time :)

bigdaddy68768
11-24-2007, 06:21 PM
went to Quarry on friday....started to the left of the pennisula. waited 3 hours before my first bite! One thing you have to keep in mind is that the weather is changing the water temperature and the fish are moving up in the water column finally. Also the water has actually risen quite a bit in the last 2 weeks, the penninsula isn't so good anymore because the water line has moved back a good 20 ft., distancing you from the deep hole that is in the middle of the lake. Also it seems that the baits are slightly changing. What really made the difference for me is keeping in mind that the fish aren't hugging the bottom as much anymore, so I extended my leader to a good 6'-7' length. Upon doing this I had my first hit in the next 10 minutes. After that, a friend showed up so I trolled until 3p.m. All fish were caught shallow....there were some nice trout caught deeper still but there were a lot more consistent rises throughout the entirety of the day. Even bank casters were landing quality fish throwing lures. Depth is the key and the moon of course, lol I suggest the chartreuse power bait as top priority if you want to catch atleast 1. Green and Red or pink power eggs seem to be getting the best responses second to the PB. Also.....those willing to walk, I would strongly suggest trying wayyyyy left of the stocking area.....TIGHT LINES!!!!

fishing_man
11-24-2007, 08:52 PM
what lures were people using from shore? so basically on the penninsula but on the right side?

bigdaddy68768
11-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Gold Kastmasters and jointed lures are the top producers, but sometimes a clear plastic bubble and the right trailer such as a power worm or a fly can do alot of damage, maybe something with white or brown marabou....... and I would fish either side of the pennisula.....but I strongly suggest walking to the more secluded spots.....mainly ones that get deep fast and experiment with a bobber and longer leaders!.......A VERY LARGE bow was pulled out last week on a crawler with a slip bobber