PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot on Turkey Day!

HeyNiceFish
11-22-2007, 04:37 PM
On the water at 8:30am. Trolled out to Half Moon Bay. Started off slow. First and only fish of the day caught at 9:30am at Half Moon Bay. A good 2lbs. That was it. No hits or anything before and after the first fish. Used kastmaster and rapala. Saw 3-4 people on boats, many from shore. The staff told me that someone caught an 8lbs trout. Gonna give it another shot tomorrow. :)

Happy Turkey Day to Everyone! ;D

joshc40
11-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Chabot is one of the hardest lakes to fish man. I have a tough time with that lake so I don't usually go there. But hey, you caught one and are going back for more! That takes guts. Good luck

Josh

HeyNiceFish
11-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Went back to Chabot again, started late this time at 9:30am, but this time with a big ZERO fish. SKUNKED! >:(
The lake was windy and rough too. Hard to keep the boat straight. Used every lure i can think off, and bought more yesterday with the story of a 8lbs that was caught. I did see two 7lbs that was caught by the same group of people at the cleaning station. It'll be awhile until i go back there again.

HNF

HBFishin
11-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah, it is usually one to two fish there each person this time of year.

But, once the water temp drops some more the action usually picks up.
Come the end of Dec or Jan it will get better, best option we have local here in the Bay Area.