PDA

View Full Version : Upper Blue Lake (Lake County)

1Worthaton
11-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi Folks New to SNIFFER as well as fishing again after a 38 yr. layoff . Its great to be on the water ;D.I will be fishing Blue Lakes tomorrow(trolling) in the a.m. I have been skunked two previous trips since Nov.4th plant.Any ideas to scare up some fish.I have usually limited here so I am completely baffled.Any help appreciated!
Many Thanks
" Bill" 1Worthaton :)

HOOF
11-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I was up there this last summer and did good with red wedding ring/crawler combo behind silver seps flashers

1Worthaton
11-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Back from Blue Lakes and came home w/a bass.Go Figure?? Thanks Guy for your imput. Although the fishing was the pits ; the day was great cause I was on the water....relaxing!!!! Go Fish!!

HOOF
11-20-2007, 07:58 PM
A Bass? WOW thats kinda crazy-but the worst day fishin is better than the best day workin

1Worthaton
11-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Forgot to mention that when I wrote 'came home with a bass' that meant my digital camera came home with the proof of the catch.After reading a great discussion about catch and release here at 'Sniffer', I will always do my best to release after taking a pic of my catches.
Go Fish!
1Worthaton

camotracker
11-21-2007, 08:48 PM
hey 1worthaon, i fish this lake all the time in the summer. i always had sucess. my go to baits were the small castmasters in the frog pattern. then i add a little peice of worm on it. i also stayed closer to the edges especially by the swimming area on the north end of the lake. haven't been there in a while. but if you see the creek running in that's where i'd be at. just my 2 cents. good luck and welcome to the boards

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Mr._Striper
11-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I would have fished Lake Medocino for stripers if I was in that area ;)

untalan1
11-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Hey Jeff I'll be up at caples and red on fri. .morning after turkey day.If your up there come by and say hello,Efren

1Worthaton
11-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the Sniffer welcome Leo.I will give your "hot" spot a shot by the north swiming hole on Monday.I have had numerous hits in the area but just cant seal the deal.
Mr Striper....would love to hit Lake Mendocino cept for the fact they closed the boat ramps some time ago (weeks) as I live at the base of
the Dam.I think the water level is so low they are measuring it in ounces.I heard the stripers are on the move,but I would rather sit in the boat. ;)<~~Old age setting in ;D
Bill 1Worthaton
Go Fish!

Mr._Striper
11-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the Sniffer welcome Leo.I will give your *"hot" spot a shot *by the north swiming hole on Monday.I have had numerous hits in the area but just cant seal the deal.
Mr Striper....would love to hit Lake Mendocino cept for the fact they closed the boat ramps some time ago (weeks) as I live at the base of
the Dam.I think the water level is so low they are measuring it in ounces.I heard the stripers are on the move,but I would rather sit in the boat. ;)<~~Old age setting in ;D
* *Bill 1Worthaton
Go Fish!I havent been to lake mendo for a few years. Do to having kids now 8-). I bet with the low water there the stripers are going NUTS rite now.

Mr._Striper
11-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey Jeff I'll be up at caples and red on fri. .morning after turkey day.If your up there come by and say hello,EfrenCheck your "PM"