PDA

View Full Version : McSwain report 11/21

FresnoJack
11-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Here is the fishing report from the Fresno Bee for this week.

The reports are published each Wednesday and cover several locations. Available online at http://www.fresnobee.com/372/index.html

Thanks to Dave Hurley who gathers all this information. Dave is also a frequent poster on this board.

McSwain Reservoir

***Trout

Stephanie Wood of McSwain Marina reported very good trout fishing for fish to 2 pounds for trollers pulling blade/'crawlers, Wedding Rings or Kastmasters at depths from 15 to 20 feet from the Chimney to the Dam and back. Bank fishing has been good with some limits taken from the Brush Pile or Handicapped Docks on nightcrawlers or Power Bait. The next plant is a Calaveras trout plant of 1,000-pounds scheduled for today or Friday.

Call: (209) 378-2534

zinger
11-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the report. My dad and I went and fished it today for our first time. Started at daybreak, surface temp 59.7* and outside was a chilly 33*. Caught just about all of our fish between 6:15 and 8:00. Once the boat traffic arrived, the bite shut down. Managed to pick up a few more after that. Off the water around 1:00. Our total was 7-8 bows, 14-15 inches with a few pushing 16-17, and all of them were really thick, healthy, and full of fight. They were caught on a hand-tied fly and apexes, between the floating restroom and the launch ramp, 1.9-2.1 mph. I think that about covers it lol. I had a great time fishing a new lake and getting into some hard-fighting bows! Sorry no pics, we released all of them at boatside to live another day.

Ironhead
11-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Come on Zinger, no pictures, I don't believe you. If you would of told us your DAD caught all the fish I would of believed that story. Good job and glad you had some action. See you later today for some Turkey....

Ironhead

troutseeker
11-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Here is the fishing report from the Fresno Bee for this week.

The reports are published each Wednesday and cover several locations. *Available online at http://www.fresnobee.com/372/index.html

Thanks to Dave Hurley who gathers all this information. *Dave is also a frequent poster on this board.

McSwain Reservoir

***Trout

Stephanie Wood of McSwain Marina reported very good trout fishing for fish to 2 pounds for trollers pulling blade/'crawlers, Wedding Rings or Kastmasters at depths from 15 to 20 feet from the Chimney to the Dam and back. Bank fishing has been good with some limits taken from the Brush Pile or Handicapped Docks on nightcrawlers or Power Bait. The next plant is a Calaveras trout plant of 1,000-pounds scheduled for today or Friday.

Call: (209) 378-2534

That is weird, its a trout report from Fresno with local reports that are closer to Modesto than Fresno, Well, Fresno has limit trout fisheries I suppose is the reason, can't think of any other reason with new melones and mcswain in the reports..

FresnoJack
11-22-2007, 06:53 PM
That is weird, its a trout report from Fresno with local reports that are closer to Modesto than Fresno, Well, Fresno has limit trout fisheries I suppose is the reason, can't think of any other reason with new melones and mcswain in the reports..

Dave Hurley who gathers the information for the Fresno Bee lives near Stockton.

I usually find the information in the Fresno paper to be more accurate and far more detailed than that in the Modesto or Sacramento Bees

I do live in Fresno and often fish McSwain and other waters in the Modesto area. *I put in my dentures so it looks like I have more than 4 teeth, cover up the "Go Boomer Sooners" bumper sticker on my Chevy pickup, change out of my overalls and into Dockers, and hide the cans of Viena sausage.