PDA

View Full Version : Alpine/Spicer bank fishing???

phishnphool
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Headed up to arnold for T-Day and gonna wet the lines following days. Wow's the bank fishing? Last trip in October we did OK at Alpine then knocked em dead at Spicer. Any updates?

Thanx, Phishnphool

steveo79
11-20-2007, 04:15 PM
There were three people fishing off to the left of the boat launch area as we were pulling in Sunday afternoon. They cleared out before I could ask how they did. The creek feeds in right at that area; If you fish at the point of the sandy beach area, with a decent cast you can hit a nice hole. The fish seem to hang in there.
Stop and talk to Bill at Ebbetts Pass Sporting Goods....he can direct you to the spot that is hot at the moment. They are across the street from The Arnold Chevron, and up a half block on the right.
I use a night Crawler, power egg, injected with garlic procure oil. Mmm good.

phishnphool
11-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanx Steveo! But which boat launch .....Alpine or Spicer? I fished the Spicer ramp with great success. Only fished the the cove at Alpine and did OK.

Bill at Ebbetts is Da Man! Great guy and knows the area well. I stop over there before I hit the White Pines for refreshments!

I went back to basics.....inflated nightcrawler and a salmon egg....now that's good eat'n!

steveo79
11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry....Spicer. My bad.

HOOF
11-20-2007, 08:02 PM
You have the chance of a HAMMER at Alpine,but for numbers Spicer is it..

phishnphool
11-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I've seen some huge trout in Alpine......they swam into my nightcrawler and ran off. Must have been using the wrong bat, right place.

Bringing the kids...Spicer it is!

Da Phish

steveo79
11-21-2007, 03:01 PM
How many in your phishing party? I hoping to get up there my self, maybe Saturday. Look for an old, green boat, following a toyota truck, with a shell and lumber racks.

phishnphool
11-21-2007, 03:16 PM
So far 5, maybe 7. I'll have 4 teenage boys (lucky me) for sure and possibly an uncle and grandfather....theirs, not mine. We'll either phish the boat ramp area at Spicer or across the spillway at Alpine. Banking it though. Look for a blue/gold Ford Expedition. I'll let you borrow a couple teens.

Da Phish/Da Phool

steveo79
11-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Awesome....I have 5 of my own. I was thinking maybe THEY needed guides..... ;) Gosh, dont know what I was thinking when I got my boat,they can't all fit.