PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Cliffs bound tomorrow...........FINALLY!

keller235
11-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Actually I should say today, I didn't realize what time it was! :o

After I help the Wifey with her two therapy appointments, I'm shooting over to the Cliffs, I'm hoping to be in the water by 1:30.

Soooo, if anyone's going to be out there, give me a hollar when you see a 10' Aluminum Jon Boat flying along with a 52 lb. beast hooked to the back. *;D *(just to get me where I'm going) *8-)

tragedyspring
11-19-2007, 01:25 PM
i hope its a trolling motor - youll be quite surprized at the stop in station if its not. good luck out there.

keller235
11-19-2007, 05:59 PM
i hope its a trolling motor -

Of course, I'm quite familar with SC, I live about a mile from there, but thanks. *;)

keller235
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Fishing was crummy, but I didn't care, it was nice to get out on the water, it'd been way to long!

I got there about 1:35, drove over to the launch ramp and had to wait about 10 minutes for the Mt. Lassen Fish Truck to move.

After getting in the water and geting my stuff in order, I look down in the water (about 4 ft.) and here's this monster trout laying on the bottom, I mentioned this to a guy with a long handled net and he came over and gave it a tap and it took off, it had to be about 7 lbs.

Not a good day fishing, but just being outdoors was good. *8-)

Here's my fishin' buddy, Max......
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i233/keller235/Misc%20pictures/ShadowCliffs11-19002.jpg

Some deer cruisin' around...
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i233/keller235/Misc%20pictures/ShadowCliffs11-19004.jpg

And last but not least, "The Beastie Boat"...... ! *;D
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i233/keller235/Misc%20pictures/ShadowCliffs11-19008.jpg
Now to change those hokie looking CF #'s & letters! *::)

More fishing to come........................

tragedyspring
11-19-2007, 09:00 PM
nice post. ill be heading out that way sometime this week. 8-)

keller235
11-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, I went out there again today, on the water about 1:30 again.

Fishing is extremely slow for me, I caught a catfish, weighed about 5 lbs.

DFG planted today, after yesterdat's plant by Mt. Lassen.
I'm sure it will pick up out there for the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, but I won't be able to get out there again til next week. :(

jinuwine1
11-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Keith,

I've been to shadow cliffs 3-4 times this month and I haven't caught anything since the day I caught the trout you see me holding on the home page. In fact, it's been very slow around most of the lakes in the east bay and I really don't think anyone is getting their limits just yet, maybe just one or two at a time. There were guys in boats that were trolling the deeper areas of SC sometime in the beginning of this month that did get a limit between the both of them but, since then, I think fishing has slowed down even more for all trout anglers. I've been thinking of taking some weekends off until it's starts to get significantly cooler but, I always say that. ;D

J