PDA

View Full Version : Ice on Silver ? ?

Phishinfool2
11-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Headin' to Pioneer for the big 4 day w/end and just wondering if the lake has started to ice yet with the cold night temps :o . Will be bankin' it this weekend as the tin can is down for the winter, any help would be so appreciated..

Jimbo

Captain Compassion
11-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Headin' to Pioneer for the big 4 day w/end and just wondering if the lake has started to ice yet with the cold night temps *:o . Will be bankin' it this weekend as the tin can is down for the winter, any help would be so appreciated..

I know that as of yesterday Red and Caples were free of any ice. Silver is lower in elevation. Last night wasn't all that cold. Tonight and the next few nights may be a different story.

CC

Phishinfool2
11-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the info CC (how did I know you would be the first to chime in) if you make it up by Thurs pm please repost to this I will check this on thurs pm.

Thanks

Jimbo.

cgagex3
11-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Well Phish the weather up at kirkwood for the rest of the week is lows in the teens but with zero ice up there this weekend there is no way that you will have a problem on the bank other than cold temps.
It will take weeks of 15 degree nights for the ice to get going. The most you might see is some shore ice forming in pockets that stay shady all day on the southern shore.
I wish for still one more trip over the hill if the road conditions allow.
Good luck and post those results.

CG

Captain Compassion
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the info CC (how did I know you would be the first to chime in) if you make it up by Thurs pm please repost to this I will check this on thurs pm.

I'm driving to LA early tomorrow so I'll have little additional information. Happy Thanksgiving.

CC