PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 11/17 Limit

kokemachine83
11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Well went to try out my GPS. Guess what i did? Yep! Left the book with the instructions. Oh well. Started out really really foggy!! Got the hand held on and found the dam. So started that way. Got to the dam at 7am. First of two lines in. Marked some fish down around the 20' to 30' range. For about an hour. Nothing. Then wanted to check things out. So started to put the line back out and then. BAM !! Just about took the pole out of my hand. Now i know they're on the top. Top 15'. Ended up catching and releasing 8 trout to 2 1/2 lbs. If you are wondering why i didn't keep any fish? I also left the fish ice chest at home. Not bad for the first trout trip since taken all that stuff out for Salmon. Trolled right in front of the dam. From one end to the other. Caught most at the north end and the middle. talked to a few others. With mixed reports. Some with and some without.
Lures: Gold Apex with gold tape - Orange/Gold Rapala
Depth: Top 15'
Scent: Pro-cure gel in Krill and Shad
Line: Back 130' and 150' Down 7' and 10' on the rigger.
Sorry no Pictures. Had to released. Until next weekend!!!
Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Seon
11-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Great report. *Glad you were able to get 'fish on' even without your GPS instructions. *Also the trout you caught were appreciative that you left your ice chest in your vehicle *;D.

BTW how heavy are your balls....that is...for the DR? *:-?

TroutWagon
11-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Robbie,

Good job on the limit!, Yeah I know The fog is brutal to navagate in even if you got GPS, it's hard to see other boaters. Way to break in the new equipment! what was the surface temp and your speed?, I might head up the soon to fish so I'll Pm you with info. Take care and keep that boat in the water.

Rich

kokemachine83
11-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Seon- Downrigger weight is 10 lbs. Ball type with fin. Painted Black
Small Scotty releases.

Troutwagon- Hey Rich good to hear from you. Let me know when you
come up to Camanche. Maybe we can meet up.
Surface Temp was 63.3 morning / afternoon 64.0
Speed was 1.5 to 1.9 Keep in touch!!!

TroutWagon
11-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Seon,

I use 8 lbs ball type w/ fin painted gold for 60ft and above - and 10 lbs. for 60 ft and deeper - scotty and vances releases..............fyi.

Good fishing

Troutwagon

skipper
11-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Nice report kokemachine. I went out for a couple hrs. wed. Got a late start and trolled down to the big hat, only caught one 13" rainbow top lining blk/or spoon. The lake is extremely low. I don't remember ever seeing it lower. On my way back in to the N.marina the water was really shallow with many stickups. I suddenly found myself in 3' of water and hit a large submerged rock. I was high centered on the rock and couldn't back off. Had to call the marina and they sent someone out to pull me off. Luckily I was going real slow and it did only minor damage to the hull. Just wanted to warn any fellow Sniffers to be real careful on the lake as there are many shallow areas and they are not all marked with buoys. ---fish hawk

Rod Bender
11-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Robbie, nice honest report. I have had that fog come in on me and was so glad I had the GPS to get around safely. See you the water soon.

kokemachine83
11-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Fish Hawk, I couldn't have said it better. To everyone that's heading up to Lake Camanche. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! The water level is really down. I saw lots of trees and sticks just sticking up. Even out in the middle of the lake. I lived up there a few years ago, so i know my way around. I only get lost in the fog. Now that i have my GPS i hope to have solved that problem.

Rod Bender: Good to hear from you. Maybe run into you up at Berryessa soon.

fishnmike2002
11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Great job Robbie! Looks like dad and I will be heading up there soon.

FishnMike

SalmoClarki
11-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Its all about staying in the river channel when under power out there right now. Its still 80-120' through there with no suprises.

Rod Bender, those are those moments where that GPS pays for itself. I just put mine in and i have been kicking myself for waiting this long to get one.

GW_Extreme
11-19-2007, 01:14 PM
How were the fish, did they have any of the copepods?

kokemachine83
11-19-2007, 08:52 PM
GW extreme: All the trout were really clean. Not one of them had any
copods. Look like recently planted fish.

Really glad to have gotten my GPS. It did come in handy.

Fishnmike: Hope to see you and dad up there soon. Probably headed
back this Sat.

Called out a few times for sniffers but no reply. Heard a lot of chatter up there at Amador!! Good luck to all and to all tight lines.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Gshmeed
11-20-2007, 09:07 PM
head'n up for the weekend
I always head for the dam to start my day

i'll be with my 5yr old son in my ice cold 12' alum boat, with a smile

Thanks for tips haven't been out for ? ever

see ya there