PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening at Woodward????:-/

fish10plus
11-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi all headed to Woodward on wednesday and was woundering whats working and whats not. Ill be in a floattube(waterskeeter) starting around the dam about 1030 1100 oclock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
* After that me and a friend are headed to the inlet to see about some massive carp the carp board was talking about. Thank you for your Help sniffers. 8-) 8-) :-/ :-/

fish10plus
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Common sniffers I know some-one been fishing it lately :)

dogfish30
11-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Don't know about the trout, but you can't get to the inlet by boat any more. It's blocked off because it's drinking water.

happydaddy
11-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I was out there last Monday with no luck there is a lot of fish but they are hard to fine Specially when you donít have a fish finder. There was a few reports about a few guys soaking powerbait not sure what color you can try that. The good old nightcrawler always work also. They were caught by the dam. I was told by the ranger that they had a plant on the 9th and was going to get a another plant later this month.

troutseeker
11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Woodward is a funny place, they don't plant all the time, just periodically but they plant lots when they plant, its a huge body of water and the trout spread out, give it till spring and this place is going to rock and roll with nice trout...

feelinminnesota
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
i was out last monday by the dam, got one fish, missed one, and had a follow. the follow was about 17" chasing a pink rooster tail. the catch was a 21" on a small cheap jerkbait.(left my raps at home :-/) the miss came on the same jerkbait and appeared to be bigger than the 21".of course ::)
got a bonus largemouth about 2 1/2 pounds. didn't make it out today, maybe over the long weekend.
good luck, and i hope this helps a bit.

fish10plus
11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
helps a bunch thank you.. :) But as far as the inlet can you still fish the bridge in the back by the track????? :-/ :-/ Thats were i was told for the carp Ill be there on wednesday.. Maroon waterskeeter floattube. Hope to see you on the water. ;D

fish10plus
11-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Last chance for any advise headed out tomorow starting at dam @ about 1030 1100am.Will report when i get home thanks all